2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

It already has been broadcast (recorded to digital format) on Flo (several times).  So they apparently have the the full gamut of music and mechanical rights.

Of course they would, as the arranging and production staff are all rights organization members... and they are dealing with the Beatles.  This is one area where to don't ask forgiveness... you ask permission.

Though isn't a live synch different from a recorded synch, which is why Flo can't play audio when it 're-airs' the shows?

Nevertheless, I think Bluecoats have been saying all along that they've got the rights.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Though isn't a live synch different from a recorded synch, which is why Flo can't play audio when it 're-airs' the shows?

Nevertheless, I think Bluecoats have been saying all along that they've got the rights.

Yep. A different license. Can't assume because one is granted that the other is granted. And the costs are different as well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Used to happen more often. I like to brag about how Tom Landry shared the field with me the year he was inducted. 😄

I got to watch Roger Staubach throw a 50 yard pass to a ball boy with only one step the day he was inducted, and I was standing about 5 yards from Roger at the time.  unfortunately the ball boy dropped the pass in the end zone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

I played in the Hall of Fame Bowl with the coats in '82 🙂

me too - who is this?  I remember we were lined up just outside the gates and as the raiders came off the field I recall looking up at them and noting that the tops of our members plumes (we wore shakos in 82) were just barely tall enough to brush the raiders chins.  those guys were huge

2 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

me too - who is this?  I remember we were lined up just outside the gates and as the raiders came off the field I recall looking up at them and noting that the tops of our members plumes (we wore shakos in 82) were just barely tall enough to brush the raiders chins.  those guys were huge

One of the West Virginia boys, lead sop player, Paul Summers. Those shako plumes were short anyways! but yeah, I always wished the game had better teams.

Edited by NCWVUFAN
  • Like 1

Wandering around Boston today... Eating a loaded hot dog outside Quincy Market... listening to the street perform sing "Here Comes The Sun".

It's a good day for this Bluecoat.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Wandering around Boston today... Eating a loaded hot dog outside Quincy Market... listening to the street perform sing "Here Comes The Sun".

Head up the stairs across congress st to the outdoor beer garden at city hall plaza.  was there after work last night for a few drinks.  There's even a few small free mini golf greens while you hang out too. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

If your standing between QM and Faneuil Hall, go down the left side of FH to a door.  Inside is a small elevator that will take you up to the floor housing the AHAC (Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company).  Third oldest military organization in the world after the Swiss Guard and the Honorable Artillery Company of London.  Was a member for 20 years and there's loads of great stuff to look at.

While in Boston, watch out for the Red Coats.

• Haha 4