2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

48 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

He's a good CAD artist. Don't think this was assembled from any stock photo's. Love the similarities between the swirls and Bloo's prop circles. Beatles are actually in my era and Bloo's show has motivated me to do some research on The Beatles. Have been listening to a number of their albums. Musically, they were ahead of their time. Paul is still doing current concerts now singing some of their numbers. A lot of stuff on youtube for those interested if you don't have the albums downloaded.

I am just a tad young for "Beatles era" music (49) but certainly know most of their more popular tunes. Friend in high school was a huge fan, he always had their music on!! 

I can attest to some great album content on YouTube. I have listened various albums while at work the past weeks!! 

I personally find it cool when I recognize some of the little musical things from certain songs that I have heard in Bloooo's show!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

I am just a tad young for "Beatles era" music (49) but certainly know most of their more popular tunes. Friend in high school was a huge fan, he always had their music on!! 

I can attest to some great album content on YouTube. I have listened various albums while at work the past weeks!! 

I personally find it cool when I recognize some of the little musical things from certain songs that I have heard in Bloooo's show!! 

YES!. They do really do some cool things in their charts. Was looking at Doug Thrower's Bio. He's their arranger. He did some really nice things with the music. You can hear snipits of various songs within the arrangsments. I did not care for Bloo when they did the slides in their show but last year and this year, they knocked it out of the park. Great Show!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

I would never had heard the "Yesterday" quote by the low brass in "I Want to Hold Your Hand" before it was pointed out in one of the marching roundtable videos. Now, I can't not hear it. It goes by so quick, but is so cool.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

I would never had heard the "Yesterday" quote by the low brass in "I Want to Hold Your Hand" before it was pointed out in one of the marching roundtable videos. Now, I can't not hear it. It goes by so quick, but is so cool.

There are also quotes of Hey Jude that have been in the show from the beginning.

• Like 3

A reminder to central Ohio Blooo fans...the corps will compete at the Centerville Soaring Sounds on Monday night.  On Tuesday they will be rehearsing at Newark High School and, for the 4th consecutive year, will be doing a community open rehearsal during the evening block...6:30-10:00.

I'm going to create a separate thread about that later with details.

• Like 4

This guy from my visit to the county fair today isn't blooing when they come onto the field for his favorite show...

ringo.jpg

• Haha 5

Hmm I dunno why the forum software rotates him... 🐄 🤔

Edit: A resize of the photo fixes it.  Mloooo!

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So cool!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Doug has always done that... Hiding musical statements from other charts of the show in the counterpoint.

It's often unnoticeable, but it shows a level of care that he gives to his arrangements.

• Like 5