Williamsport 10-day

35 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

thanks Spandy ,drove down from Nre Brunswick ,Saint John Canada both years ,haven't gone to another DCA since then,and now living in eastern europe doult if i;ll ever make it to another

Wow! That's some Witness Protection program.:blink:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they pushed it back because at 2 PM the crowd and judges will be blinded by the sun. The sun is this large orange orb in the sky PA hasn't seen much of this summer

Unless it's 90 freaking degrees and you stay in anyway ... ain't no middle ground this summer..

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they pushed it back because at 2 PM the crowd and judges will be blinded by the sun. The sun is this large orange orb in the sky PA hasn't seen much of this summer

I’m going to hope for partly cloudy after that Mason show I attended in June. Sun in our eyes for hours. 

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Wow! That's some Witness Protection program.:blink:

YES i'm well taken care of here,traveled to Amtersdam'Moscow,Hungray,Bulgraia ,Croatia ,and have my sights set on a few more,Been to Pureto Rico 11 times ,Saint Tomas 1.Now being retired and have the money and the time to it IS NICE 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dbriggs said:

on a brighter note, forecast included with my hotels.com reminder today says SAT cloudy SUN intermittent clouds. sheesh - weather people

welcome to northern PA. every weather forecast provider will give you a different forecast

Once stuff hits the mountains coming from the west, anything can happen, and usually not what you expect

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

welcome to northern PA. every weather forecast provider will give you a different forecast

Once stuff hits the mountains coming from the west, anything can happen, and usually not what you expect

Read the first line and thought of mountains before I saw it in the next line. My college in western PA was a rain magnet. Any lower clouds full of rain seemed to stop at the mountains, dump it’s load and then were able to go above the mountains. Willies port who knows

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 hours ago, dbriggs said:

on a brighter note, forecast included with my hotels.com reminder today says SAT cloudy SUN intermittent clouds. sheesh - weather people

When I worked in radio, I asked our station's weather guy about the difference between partly cloudy and mostly sunny.... or partly sunny and mostly cloudy.

He said there actually was a difference... it had something to do with the percentage of clouds to sun, or thereabouts. Go figure.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2018 at 2:38 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Unless it's 90 freaking degrees and you stay in anyway ... ain't no middle ground this summer..

Harsh rehearsal morning from around 1045-1140. Jesus, it was rough. All the pluck and determination in the UK as well as water can't keep people from melting out there.

• Like 1