Not World Class, but impacts 2019 World Class

There was a tidbit on dci.org's corps news about Spartans only having 10 age outs. I do not expect this corps to apply for World Class, but IF they are able to have good retention numbers and a good class of 2019 rookies, they could be right up there with BDB and Vanguard Cadets for the Open Class title.  The World Class implication is of course they would be highly likely to make World Class Semis again, and if next year is their best ever they could rise nearer to 20th place (or a little higher if they get to the BDB/Vanguard Cadets level) than 25th place.

Hope that works out for them, and if so, it's about time. They do have several Open Class titles, and anyway, it's been too long since someone other than BDB or SCVC won.

That said, here's hoping the World Class corps can up their games too. Let's see Crest or Oregon knocking on the Finals door as Mandarins did last year.

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

it's been too long since someone other than BDB or SCVC won.

Now Gold there must be something in the water out there. CA is sure showing the rest of the country what education in the arts is all about. Good model to follow great band programs feed good drum corps and the other way around with College Bands getting MMs. It's wonderful. 

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That said, here's hoping the World Class corps can up their games too. Let's see Crest or Oregon knocking on the Finals door as Mandarins did last year.

I would not count Music City out of the next first-time Finalist conversation either. If they can build on their rousing success this year, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I would not count Music City out of the next first-time Finalist conversation either. If they can build on their rousing success this year, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

I hope so, from a far the kids looked a bit younger but on level with those in their grouping., They are well on their way to making it happen. May even draw in a slightly older MM base to keep up with the kids they have now that aged,' it's to the moon. Go Music City

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from the number of age outs. 10 age outs may actually a lot for an open class corps like Spartans I would think. I know 7th loses more to those moving up than age out. Two MMs in SCV were in 7th last year. Besides them I know two BDs,  one Crown, one BAC, one Cadet. Plus a staff to Bloo. Those are just the ones I know of. I would guess Spartans is similar.