2019 Show Ideas

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Cadets:  Requiem for the Living by Daniel Forrest

I suggested this a few years ago for Phantom. Great piece filled with plenty of moments made for drum corps, but as a whole show it might be a bit slow-moving (considering that it is, after all, a requiem mass and not a symphony or concerto).

Operation: Mindcrime.

Although, it would probably be quite a chore to condense that album down to 13 minutes and still be able to get the story across. Perhaps just use "Suite Sister Mary" as the main show, and build around that.

(BTW, as a heavy metal fan, I LOVE the "Stockholm Syndrome" idea. That would have been perfect for Carolina Crown a few years back)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Operation: Mindcrime.

Although, it would probably be quite a chore to condense that album down to 13 minutes and still be able to get the story across. Perhaps just use "Suite Sister Mary" as the main show, and build around that.

(BTW, as a heavy metal fan, I LOVE the "Stockholm Syndrome" idea. That would have been perfect for Carolina Crown a few years back)

See Plymouth-Canton 1999 if you're unfamiliar.

30 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Interesting show.

Operation: Mindcrime is more about political corruption (intertwined with a love story) rather than dystopian society.

Perhaps this belongs more in the "music corps should do" thread.

I had a dream last night about a show. It was a musical of the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power program (Rickover, congressional appropriations, designing the Nautilus, etc...). I especially liked a musical piece about how piping system cleanliness was important for plant safety. 

It seemed really great while I was dreaming it anyway. 

20 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Drum corps or marching band this is one of the greatest times of all time.  Being from Michigan I had the pleasure of seeing this show develop in ‘99...brilliant design and amazing execution.

Edited by Sideways
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

Interesting show.

Operation: Mindcrime is more about political corruption (intertwined with a love story) rather than dystopian society.

Perhaps this belongs more in the "music corps should do" thread.

exactly the 'artistic type of show' which has little GE, does not communicate well to the whole audience but just to the nerds, and is the type of show I hope DCI has seen the last of.

11 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I had a dream last night about a show. It was a musical of the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power program (Rickover, congressional appropriations, designing the Nautilus, etc...). I especially liked a musical piece about how piping system cleanliness was important for plant safety. 

It seemed really great while I was dreaming it anyway. 

Does the admiral still have you sitting in his closet to see whether you are seaworthy for his nuclear submarines?  Talk to the New London crowd about this.