2019 Show Ideas

On 8/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, Who's on first? said:

I had a dream (the other post reminded me of it haha) of an alternate opening to Crown’s show this year. Instead of having the brass awkwardly dancing around with horns, the entire hornline had flags and were literally sprinting around, mixing all sorts of insanely fast drill with some awesome flag work, all while the tension built with the percussion and electronics.  Then they threw the flags away to pick up their horns, and immediately blew everyone’s brain everyone’s brains out with Bruckner. Way better!! At least in my head... haha. But it got me thinking has anyone put the hornline on guard equipment, whether during a solo musical feature or percussion break... it could make some awesome visual moments. 

Crossmen 1996 - show opened with a percussion feature with both horns and guard on flags

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Stockholm Syndrome:  A heavy metal lover (who hates Abba) is somehow forced to move to Stockholm, Sweden.  Once there, the only music played anywhere is, of course, Abba.  After an tormented middle section (Abba in a minor key), the individual embraces Sweden, and becomes Abba's biggest fan. 

Does this include Stockholm Syndrome by Muse?

V for Vendetta. 

Some nice insturmental works by Dario Marienelli and phrases from 1812 to open.

Vigilante justice with knife fights

Throw in some music from Muse for an extra Anarchy feel

Showcase atrocious government coverups

Cry me a river by Julie London for the ballad with an etheral trumpet solo 

Big finish with the 1812 overture (featuring bass bones!)and blowing up government buildings.

Remember remember the 5th of November.

I really like this for the Cavaliers...but they might need to feature a female guard member to pull it off.

No one has ever done 1812 right?:laughing:

Edited by ThePlanets

5 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Crossmen 1996 - show opened with a percussion feature with both horns and guard on flags

Wowwwww thanks for telling me about this show. Went and found a video... that is one of the coolest openers I’ve seen. I’d love to see something like that with today’s design capabilities. With the move toward more dance-like colorguards, and the choreography SCV accomplished this year, I fully expect nearly any corps member could pick up more than basic flat work in a season!

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I’m surprised a corps hasn’t done something where the crowd participates in the show.

Maybe Bloo on their slides, stairs, stage, or chairs for the stomping effects.

Here's an example where the sound effects lead into and supplement the music:

Edited by xandandl

27 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Maybe Bloo on their slides, stairs, stage, or chairs for the stomping effects.

Here's an example where the sound effects lead into and supplement the music:

I showed this video here a year ago in the show ideas thread. Bloo would be the most obvious corps to do this but someone like Music City or Scouts would be logical as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I’m surprised a corps hasn’t done something where the crowd participates in the show.

Crown 2011

"The Hot MIkado"   

https://youtube/UfM4XdVaqo8

Edited by bluesman
error