Stealing other corps stuff...

45 minutes ago, xandandl said:

DCP hasn't increased my data plan.

That's too bad. I tried to PM you in Indy, hoping to actually meet you face to face.

10 minutes ago, Tim K said:

That's too bad. I tried to PM you in Indy, hoping to actually meet you face to face.

I wasn't on the computers then and  my simplified phones don't do text due to my hand tremors. I am a luddite of the first order. 

Perhaps in the future. 

• Like 1

from the Cadets Code of Conduct issued this Spring under the signature of Doug Rutherford (former DM now head of BoD)

I will treat everyone with respect, dignity, patience, integrity and consideration. I will be fair, professional, and honest.  I will encourage participation of and respect for individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, and treat everyone equally.  I will maintain a high standard of moral and ethical conduct that includes self- control and responsible behavior. I will be a positive role model.  I will respect the property of hotels, educational institutions, dormitories, dining facilities, stadiums, and all other venues.

I would presume theft of property of others (personal or other corps) is included in the first sentence. Third item underscores that. Fourth makes it clear.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

If there is a positive light. Could this just be some, otherwise great kids letting off some steam? Because it is posted online isn't it just a game. Going down the path that this is anything else. Shouldn't we be reviewing arrest and police reports? Stealing something of value and posting about it online can't be the same kids that we say is so bright and wonderful otherwise, could it?

You could definitely say that things like the example picture are more in really bad taste than something to be considered a crime.  It is a weird thing to do and just reminds us of the natural immaturity of people in that age bracket. It just comes with the territory sometimes. We all make mistakes. 

Having said that I also don't have a problem with corps handling it like the Cavaliers did in a story posted earlier.  

Edited by CD23
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CD23 said:

You could definitely say that things like the example picture are more in really bad taste than something to be considered a crime.  It is a weird thing to do and just reminds us of the natural immaturity of people in that age bracket. It just comes with the territory sometimes. We all make mistakes. 

which is why the search for excellence is not limited to the field in visual or music but for life.

4 minutes ago, CD23 said:

people in that age bracket

Prescott Bush, GW's grandfather was in that age bracket once. Look up what he is alleged to have stolen and where it is now? They seemed to turn out OK. Guess boys were only boys back then, not necessarily a good thing. However, these pranks are not uncommon at all throughout history among intellectuals. Sometimes I feel there is too much pressure on the youth to correct all the past woes of the world all at once. Change takes time, give them a break now & then. Not that you are saying anything different CD23.

4 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

This sorta indicates that they stole it and were proud of it. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/dakotagroves/status/1031048673956978688?s=21

Apparently it was stolen by a BD member off of the Crown bus at a Regional.