Stealing other corps stuff...

21 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

These hijinks have been going on as long as I’ve been around.  I’m probably breaking some sort of omertà or something by telling this but...

There was a guy I knew in a corps, not where I marched, who when they were sharing a housing site, would get up in the middle of the night, put on another corps uniform and have his partner-in-crime take a photo of him on the toilet.  He had quite a photo collection.  Not stealing though.  Just borrowing. I laughed pretty hard at those photos. 

That is VERY FUNNY!!!!!

• Haha 1

Just because it may or may not have been happening for decades... does not make it right to steal, even if it's 'all in good fun'. In 2018, social media means it's easy to be held accountable for your actions. Should not be a surprise that Crown members were upset that the sledgehammer was stolen.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thank you Jeff for the responses from the BD and a well written reply from the prankster.  Would "appropriately dealt with" possibly mean no future contracts from the corps if they haven't aged out already?

Possibly. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Thank you Jeff for the responses from the BD and a well written reply from the prankster.  Would "appropriately dealt with" possibly mean no future contracts from the corps if they haven't aged out already?

or are they are meeting Cappybara in Charlotte so he can hand them the toothbrushes and floss they will use to clean Crown's buses post-tour from stem to stern. Crown may also be re-thinking the end of Relentless.

• Like 3

In these days of celebrities, athletes, and politicians making ridiculous excuses they try to pass off as apologies, they could ALL learn a thing or two from the apology of this kid from BD.  No rationalizations, no saying "this isn't who I am" or blaming it on someone or something else.  Just a kid saying I did this, it was a terrible thing I did, it hurt many people, and i will do whatever is required to make it right.  Not sure how much help he had putting it together, but his remorse and shame is right out front for the world to see.

• Like 3