Don Warrens Book - Autographed

Sister has an online used book business and last week had a first in roughly 20 years. The first is her first drum corps book Building The Green Machine by Don Warren. The book jacket is missing and since it’s a corps history book she gave it to me (thanks sis). Just opened it up and it’s signed by Don Warren... in green ink of course. Also a mid 2000s DVD of some Corps shows. 

Just interesting to me that it is signed so had to share

• Like 6

17 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sister has an online used book business and last week had a first in roughly 20 years. The first is her first drum corps book Building The Green Machine by Don Warren. The book jacket is missing and since it’s a corps history book she gave it to me (thanks sis). Just opened it up and it’s signed by Don Warren... in green ink of course. Also a mid 2000s DVD of some Corps shows. 

Who in the world would give this gem away??

1 hour ago, quijeros said:

Was in with a bunch of books at an estate(?) auction in Central PA. Think DVD was in same sale. No one knew about the autograph until I looked at it. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, quijeros said:

You’d be surprised at what people bring to used book dealers. Cape Cod used to have tons of used book stores. There was a used bookstore on the Cape that had a deal. Fill a grocery store paper bag with books and you had a choice, you could get one dollar for the bag or get five dollars worth of books. In one of the bags was a novel by Charles Dickens signed by the author himself when he toured the United States after the Civil War. According to the store owner who knew the value and didn’t want to take advantage of the situation, the person didn’t care. He was moving and didn’t have the space. That was about forty years ago. I’d love to know the value today. 

Yep and according to sis (she of the online book sales) lot of the books are from estates or places closing. There may be a bunch of books together and one or two of the batch may be worth reselling. She looks for books that are unique. If this book had a cover and if I wasn’t a corps nut it would be listed

• Like 1

I ordered the book off of Amazon last year and the copy I had was signed with a special note from Don Warren to someone he had signed the book for. I thought it was neat.

"My very best wishes  enjoy the book" plus a signature is in this one

Plus "I love you Deb thanks so much" in pencil so guess Deb was first owner

On 8/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

WOOOOOOOOO! May I also say that it is my favorite book??? I have read it soooo many times.

Edited by Hook'emCavies

On 8/20/2018 at 5:19 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

My wife got it for me in 08 and he signed it. Great book