DCA Final Regular-Season Weekend

On 8/22/2018 at 2:16 AM, Fran Haring said:

I remember the Firettes and the ND-Ettes.

Back in the era when if you added "Ettes" to the end of basically anything, you had the name of an all-girl corps. :laughing:

I also remember doing a number of shows with Sunrisers in the Ansonia/Derby area.  Also Hamden, which was the home of the early-season Fresh Air Fanfare show. Always a great crowd there.

I guess they never invited the Marionettes the sister corps of the Queensmen ,they where still around in the early 60s.

Edited by Florida Sun
spelling corection

Safe travels to everyone this weekend!!!

those traveling drive safe and be safe,wheren't the Firettes taught by the one and only Pepe?l always thought of them being from up futher in Conn.Close to the Rode Island state line.

Edited by Florida Sun
added more info.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, Fran Haring said:

Then there were the various corps from the Bridgeport area, not too far down the road from Ansonia/Shelton etc.

All sorts of names from the past there.

"Bridgeport, Bridgeport":

The old Park City had several:  From my day  (1950's 1960's):  Bridgeport PAL Cadets, St Rapheal's Buccaneers, Conn Royal Lancers, Scarlet Knights, St Ann's Loyalaires, St Raphael's Musketeers (Bucc's Cadets corps), St Raphael's Marrionettes,  Notre Dame All Girl, Colonades (All girls), and from accross the river the Milford Police Cadets/Shoreliners.  Up route 8 a bit were the Trumbull Cadets and the Trumbull Troubadors.

Elphaba     :flower:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elphaba01 said:

"Bridgeport, Bridgeport":

The old Park City had several:  From my day  (1950's 1960's):  Bridgeport PAL Cadets, St Rapheal's Buccaneers, Conn Royal Lancers, Scarlet Knights, St Ann's Loyalaires, St Raphael's Musketeers (Bucc's Cadets corps), St Raphael's Marrionettes,  Notre Dame All Girl, Colonades (All girls), and from accross the river the Milford Police Cadets/Shoreliners.  Up route 8 a bit were the Trumbull Cadets and the Trumbull Troubadors.

Elphaba     :flower:

Somewhere in there were the Bengal Lancers though it was a later time for sure.  If you are going to cross the Housatonic past Devon, needn't one mention the CT Yankees from Stratford?

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 8:17 PM, Fran Haring said:

It's the last weekend of DCA shows before championships.... three shows on the schedule.

Reading, PA, and Seymour CT, on Saturday. Hiram, GA, on Sunday.

Big weekend for corps looking to either get a seeding score, or improve on an existing one.

Buccaneers and Cadets2 head to head in Reading... should be interesting.  Plus Caballeros, White Sabers, Bushwackers, and Skyliners. Also the debut of Highland Regiment and the first U.S. show for Cadence from the UK.

Fusion Core headlines the field at in Seymour. We'll also see if Hurricanes can keep their recent momentum going, and if Sunrisers can stay within shouting distance of them. And will Erie Thunderbirds inch closer to a possible Class A finalist spot?

In Georgia, its Atlanta CV's chance to make a statement... will they be a Top 3 contender again?  Also in that show, the Southern Knights... who are in the mix for Class A finals.

We're heading to Seymour, since my sweetie Brenda is with Caballeros Alumni and I'm her chauffeur. :laughing:

Atlanta scores in yet ? Show was on at 8 

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

LAncers 74-80

At one point, their headgear had them wearing turbans. Led to many jokes about what were under them. I wonder in today's American/Conn. culture, how that would go over.

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

At one point, their headgear had them wearing turbans. Led to many jokes about what were under them. I wonder in today's American/Conn. culture, how that would go over.

Yeah knew them very well........ Well maybe an issue today, Maybe not

Edited by GUARDLING