Pioneer Suspended by DCI

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The title of this thread really needs to be corrected 

Yes..agreed for those that don't READ but just look at pretty titles...or jump in without reading the first few posts that have the correction...lol

The Cadets are/were on probation.

Pioneer was suspended.

A big distinction...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Yes..agreed for those that don't READ but just look at pretty titles...or jump in without reading the first few posts that have the correction...lol

Pioneer was suspended.

A big distinction...

If you type in a google search for “drum corps” the first suggested completion is international, the second is planet

dcp is a major source of information regarding the activity, accuracy matters - even the forum section matters. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If you type in a google search for “drum corps” the first suggested completion is international, the second is planet

dcp is a major source of information regarding the activity, accuracy matters - even the forum section matters. 

ahhh...the famous google completion controversy...this can be problematic for many...especially if a negative word is associated to name like "rip off" for example....

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

But wait many people in dci and other Facebook pages say DCp is worthless :tongue:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Pioneer was suspended.

A big distinction...

Easy fix: hit the report button. That’ll get a mods attention 

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

This is probably true, but if anyone goes to test it, remember that Google's results are likely optimized to reflect your personal browsing history.

Pioneer people who come upon this: To all of you I taught, taught with, and worked alongside to guide students and keep care of them, thank you. Thank you for what you learned -- and what you taught me. Thank you for the decent, hard-working youth you came with -- and the maturity and growth you achieved. Thank you for giving your all -- and for giving back, as members and staff -- immediately and over the long haul. Your worth is not in question. Hold your heads high. You did win!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But wait many people in dci and other Facebook pages say DCp is worthless :tongue:

If a certain individual did not correct much of the info on a Facebook  and set it straight this past summer, FB might be worthless. You can pat yourself on the back, Mr. Ream, until the next time you correct me.:bigsmile:

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But will RB let go of what legal pieces that tie him to the corps? He might decide to stay as head of a corps with no members and no DCI connections. But still with the equipment .

And who has rights to the name?

I wonder how RBs finances are related to that of thr Corps?  I also wonder who owns Pioneerland (real estate)?  This could get ugly.

A guy I marched with is now a Forensic Accountant w US Gov't.  Hope it doesn't come to needing someone like him

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pioneer+Musical+Youth+Center+-+Pioneerland/@42.9388002,-87.8851977,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7ba663b5dd0ec4bb!8m2!3d42.9388002!4d-87.8851977 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
link added

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But will RB let go of what legal pieces that tie him to the corps? He might decide to stay as head of a corps with no members and no DCI connections. But still with the equipment .

And who has rights to the name?

I was wondering if RB “owns” Pioneer.  He’s been in charge since day 1. 

• Thanks 1