Pioneer Suspended by DCI

8 hours ago, Tim K said:

If they decide to go DCA, which some have suggested if that’s even possible, I think I’d be more concerned. It would signal that Pioneer does not take these concerns seriously.

I can't speak for anyone with DCA... but I gotta figure, given the current situation, DCA would not accept Pioneer in the circuit. 

At the very least, I certainly hope that would be the case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder how RBs finances are related to that of thr Corps?  I also wonder who owns Pioneerland (real estate)?  This could get ugly.

A guy I marched with is now a Forensic Accountant w US Gov't.  Hope it doesn't come to needing someone like him

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pioneer+Musical+Youth+Center+-+Pioneerland/@42.9388002,-87.8851977,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7ba663b5dd0ec4bb!8m2!3d42.9388002!4d-87.8851977 

Property is owned by:

PIONEER DRUM & BUGLE CORPS &
COLOR GUARD, INC.
4601 W HOLT AVE
MILWAUKEE WI 53220

http://propertytax.ci.cudahy.wi.us/GCSWebPortal/PropertySummaryReport.aspx

Edited by WIS
edited to add link.

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was wondering if RB “owns” Pioneer.  He’s been in charge since day 1. 

And what were non profit rules back then if Pioneer was set up as a non profit BITD

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

And what we’re non profit rules back then if Pioneer was set up as a non profit BITD

That was in 1974 and I don’t know the details but I think the 501c3 was grandfathered from The Thing and before that, St. Pat’s Imperials.  Just spitballin’ here but I know it had to be something like this. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

That was in 1974 and I don’t know the details but I think the 501c3 was grandfathered from The Thing and before that, St. Pat’s Imperials.  Just spitballin’ here but I know it had to be something like this. 

I'm guessing that the 501c3 transferred over from the Thunderbolts and/or St Pat's. 

Technically non-profit organizations are "owned" by the state's attorney general - no individual actually owns a non-profit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So back to at least 60s with St Pats (forget what I read in History of Drum Corps book)

• Like 1

It is way too early to speculate on whether Pioneer would fold or not, but if they do the assets must go to another 501(c)(3) organization.

So if they sold the land, the cash would be the asset that would go to another organization after paying off debts.

Edited by WIS
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WIS said:

What’s a good definition of Delinquent? See it’s happened more than once and always a few months until that is corrected.