Pioneer Suspended by DCI

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

New caption award:  the Bob Cratchit accountant award. Named in honor of the abused, underpaid, endlessly working clerk of Ebenezer Scrooge. In spite of such challenges, Bob Cratchit would sacrifice everything for the family he loves, the family who adores him. It is in honor of his selflessness in the face of severe adversity that this award, the Gilded Quill, is presented. This year's award is a neck and neck race between WIS and Gar. Stay tuned as the judges tally the scores. 

oh no, more accountants and financial types.

Gilded Quill.  Quite good there, HockeyDad, quite good.  Can we put you on Madison's creative team for design 2019?

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

IDK - off airport parking?  car rental?

General Mitchell already has onsite car rental and more parking than you can shake a stick at, on the CORRECT side of the airport (the airport entrance is to the west). It's such a bad spot it's a ten minute drive to the airport drop-offs zone despite being literally right next to the airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WIS said:

Lets just go to the basics - 990 Form instructions.  Page 4, item 25a  of Form 990 asks "Did the organization engage in an excess benefit transaction with a disqualified person during the year?" ...

So glad I set this thread aside for a bit, or I would have ended up duplicating much of your work here. The accounting firm who prepares our 990 had just sent me the rules for schedule L a few days ago, because we may be engaging one of our board members later this year, and I wanted to be sure I understood what we needed to keep track of for future reporting.

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Definition of vacuous

1: emptied of or lacking content.  

That's all I meant.  "Based on empty content" because your data related to private foundations.

I apologize if another definition seemed apt.

Don't be annoyed. We're both searching the same answers.

Have you tried Hare Krishna?

55 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

General Mitchell already has onsite car rental and more parking than you can shake a stick at, on the CORRECT side of the airport (the airport entrance is to the west). It's such a bad spot it's a ten minute drive to the airport drop-offs zone despite being literally right next to the airport.

Sounds like SeaTac (Seattle Tacoma). Stayed at a hotel at the back of the airport and could see the terminal. Freaking shuttle bus took 20 minutes looping around flight and work areas using bus only roads.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know your Guardsmen of Schaumburg, Ill. history, but I am confused by your answer. I have two sources for what I wrote beyond my own memory of the national reporting of that story back in NY. Please be more specific in your answer, thank you. Same or different corps?

Your own article linked above says this:  

Casualties[edit]

Three crew members – the captain, the first officer, and a flight attendant – and 24 passengers died in the crash. One crew member (a flight attendant) and 17 passengers survived, all with injuries. Several airline employees as well as members of a boys' drum and bugle corps group were on the ground in the vicinity of the hangar or in the hangar bay at the time of the crash; none of the airline employees were harmed, but seven of the boys were injured, and one of them died nine days later.[7]

And from Google group discussions:

"In 1967 and 1968, The Vanguards (many of which were friends) from Skokie were practicing in an
aircraft hanger at OHare Airport in Chicago when a Commercial Airliner crashed
into the Hanger. I think 2 died in this accident not to mention everyone on the
plane. Shortly after the season started, the Vangaurd were rehearsing drill
prior to the Cavies show in Desplaines Illinois when Lightning struck the Corps
killing 2 more and shortly after that the corps lost 1 or 2 gals from the gaurd
to a hit and run driver as they were walking out in front of Vangaurd hall near
Ohare Airport.  They died and several of the guys in the Corps caught the
driver. He did not like the outcome of his mistake either. It was a very bad 2
years for the Vanguard.

The only 'blessing' was that there were only a few Vanguard members present - my understanding is that it was an optional rehearsal between Christmas & New Years so only a few of the members were present

• Like 1

Thank you.  Thank you very much for honoring me with this nomination.  I will treasure this moment forever   

As I have already noted that I'm done with this topic so it is with a heavy heart that I feel I must withdraw my name from consideration   

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

New caption award:  the Bob Cratchit accountant award. Named in honor of the abused, underpaid, endlessly working clerk of Ebenezer Scrooge. In spite of such challenges, Bob Cratchit would sacrifice everything for the family he loves, the family who adores him. It is in honor of his selflessness in the face of severe adversity that this award, the Gilded Quill, is presented. This year's award is a neck and neck race between WIS and Gar. Stay tuned as the judges tally the scores. 

:16_relieved:

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Do I have to stifle my laugh as I accept the Cratchit award by default?

It is an honor to be honored for honoring my adoring family.  But I just bought a new quill after grinding down three of the ########, so can I have a new abacus instead?  The cat ate one of the sliders and always forget to move me decimal one place to left after each calculation.

I'm so honored!  Thank you.

I have a short list of people to thank...

(tee-hee)

• Like 1