Pioneer Suspended by DCI

Forgive me for not reading through all 25 pages of this.

I happened upon a couple of news stories on my Google news recommendations and saw this whole thing hit the fan.

What exactly is suspension? I'm guessing Pioneer can't partake in any events while suspended. I imagine they can still rehearse and have camps. 

I'm also guessing that when Blenski and Acheson meet, there will be list of policy demands that will have to be met, including direct oversight of operations, that will satisfy the rule book. 

I doubt very much Acheson is gunning for Pioneer to fold. It's more of a "do this, or else" ultimatum. 

Whether or not Pioneer fields a corps next season will probably mostly depend on being able to attract enough members, staff and volunteers, granted Acheson is satisfied with improvement in policy. 

Although, the last thing anyone wants is for Pio to field a corps and then end operations in the middle of tour.

Given what I've read about this Blenski guy, I'd personally rather the corps didn't operate any longer. There are plenty other places kids can march anyhow.

Auschwitz survivor. If your dad beat you, you wouldn't tell anyone. NyQuil and ibuprofen and suck it up. Gee whiz this guy is a piece of work.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:14 PM, Brian Tuma said:

I’ve been to some rehearsals there. It’s not all that bad. Gen. Mitchell is no O’Hare. 

Question- from the satellite view, where and how do people park, and do they have some kind of observation platform for ensemble rehearsal?

On 8/22/2018 at 3:49 PM, Brian Tuma said:

Although it abuts the airport, it’s not convenient to the airport if that makes sense.

It would take almost 15 minutes to get to the passenger terminal.  It's close to the 128th Air Refueling Wing and that's about it.

17 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Forgive me for not reading through all 25 pages of this.

I happened upon a couple of news stories on my Google news recommendations and saw this whole thing hit the fan.

What exactly is suspension? I'm guessing Pioneer can't partake in any events while suspended. I imagine they can still rehearse and have camps. 

I'm also guessing that when Blenski and Acheson meet, there will be list of policy demands that will have to be met, including direct oversight of operations, that will satisfy the rule book. 

I doubt very much Acheson is gunning for Pioneer to fold. It's more of a "do this, or else" ultimatum. 

Whether or not Pioneer fields a corps next season will probably mostly depend on being able to attract enough members, staff and volunteers, granted Acheson is satisfied with improvement in policy. 

Although, the last thing anyone wants is for Pio to field a corps and then end operations in the middle of tour.

Given what I've read about this Blenski guy, I'd personally rather the corps didn't operate any longer. There are plenty other places kids can march anyhow.

Auschwitz survivor. If your dad beat you, you wouldn't tell anyone. NyQuil and ibuprofen and suck it up. Gee whiz this guy is a piece of work.

I can’t imsgine after this if Roman’s still in charge that anyone would want to teach or march  there

There is an observation platform (left side):

DdC4h7SXUAABlSi.jpg

As for parking, there's essentially open parking areas beside the storage building with the green roof in the background.

9 hours ago, BigW said:

Question- from the satellite view, where and how do people park, and do they have some kind of observation platform for ensemble rehearsal?

There's really not much else there besides the rehearsal field and one or two small buildings that are used for equipment and memorabilia storage and prepping and serving meals.