Pioneer Suspended by DCI

And will have a new board and director:

"Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

"Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension"

Who will be heading this up, exactly? The Board and the Director are one in the same. They are choosing their own replacements?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Pioneer runs weekly bingo games at several locations other than that they will have no source of income unless the new board members bring  large donations with them.  This is a trend with some non profits these days.   Would you  pay $ 10,000- $25,000 to be on the Pioneer board?  When would the new director start and what would be his duties be for 2019?   To run an organization takes money and   I don;t see where Pioneer will get the funds to reorganize and be back on the field in 2020. 

As is the entire BOD- presumably Roman will also be stepping down as executive director.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gizmit26 said:

Who will be heading this up, exactly? The Board and the Director are one in the same. They are choosing their own replacements?

There will be people who'll step up to offer, much as happened at YEA, and I'd imagine that DCI will work with them to put together a realistic plan for re-launch. The BOD would presumably select a new Corps Director.

• Like 1

I have some thoughts about who I'd like to see take over.

12 minutes ago, Galen said:

I have some thoughts about who I'd like to see take over.

I'll sit on the board, only. :P