Pioneer Suspended by DCI

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Also in DCA, Pioneer could recruit older members. 

I would like to see that if they could even pull that off. However, Kilties couldn't even field a corps this year, Minn Brass stated the school schedule as a reason to go inactive. If one would have a choice between the close by Kilties or going to Minn Brass I think DCA Pioneer would be hurting for members.

Is it even on their radar, would DCA tour fees, I don't do not have any idea what they are. Would it be enough to feed the family business and get the corps out east? Would dci bring them to their dci Minn show like they do with Minn Brass, Govies & Chops.

Not placing the weight of the drum corps world on you Tim but there are a lot of things that will work itself out, soon.

Pioneer's suspension is primarily " Marcher safety " prompted from my understanding of this... not financial in scope.

As such, it would seem to me that DCA would not be interested in having the financials satisfied for any potential membership in DCA with Pioneer, but instead of DCA's BOD to tbe assured that Pioneer can provide much better " Marcher safety "  to its marchers moving forward.

Plus, we might be getting ahead of ourselves here regarding Pioneers interest in DCA... or even DCA's current interest in Pioneer. This is a current DCI problem Drum Corps here... not a DCA problem Drum Corps.  Its now btw DCI and Pioneer to decide if things can be repaired. For the moment, lets keep DCA out of this, as they are neither the problem here, nor the solution to " marcher safety " at DCI's Pioneer, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, hostrauser said:

Adam Hill started Pioneer Indoor while he was Percussion CH for Pioneer drum corps, but they are a separate entity run out of a separate location (Romeoville, IL). They should be safe, I don't think Roman ever had more involvement than giving his blessing to the use of the name/shamrock logo.

Pioneer Indoor also uses Pioneer DBC's buses. But they're a separate legal entity with no legal connection with Pioneer. So they should be fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcjordansc said:

I doubt very much we see Pioneer on the field as a World Class corps next summer. 

Not trying to sound mean in anyway but will they be missed? We all know they were at or near the bottom in WC pretty much every year. Basically half of OC corps scored better. Especially reading some of what was going on. We are not talking about a highly known WC corp like The Cadets who are or were going through personnel matters. Just saying....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Not trying to sound mean in anyway but will they be missed? We all know they were at or near the bottom in WC pretty much every year. Basically half of OC corps scored better. Especially reading some of what was going on. We are not talking about a highly known WC corp like The Cadets who are or were going through personnel matters. Just saying....

Any corps gone is a corps missed. And I'm thinking we may have seen the last of this corps. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Pioneer's suspension is primarily " Marcher safety " prompted from my understanding of this... not financial in scope.

What's next? How do they ensure dci that the safety issues are resolved? The steps The Cadets took to put their issue behind them although different in stature (no hungry kids} are a good precedent. Are their even other qualified individuals that would jump in to save Pioneer or would it be easier for them to just to start a new corps w/o all the baggage?

16 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

A lot of kids got their start in drum corps with the Pioneer. I think it is too bad we may lose an organization that has been around for more than 40 years. Hopefully, they can restructure and keep it going, but I am skeptical that can happen. 

13 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Will Pioneer be missed? Teal Sound was not around long enough to be one of my favorites, but I did feel bad when they stopped competing, not just due to the circumstances, but that a corps no longer competed. I felt terrible about Glassmen. Pioneer does have fans, but in Indy where you often hear all sorts of things, the most common comment I heard regarding Pioneer are the words”Poor Pioneer.” I think Pioneer will be missed, but Pioneer has not been Pioneer for quite a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

When the letter by the mother whose minor child was left at an emergency room unattended was posted, the corps was identified on DCP was Pioneer. I thought in the discussion it was mentioned that this young person was the only minor marching this past year.  I do not recall anyone offering numbers that either supported or disputed this claim. I did have the opportunity to see Pioneer warm up this year and they did not appear as young as Jersey Surf. This is based on perception only, but I don’t think Pioneer has had as many high school students in recent years, at least not as many as it did years ago. Also in DCA, Pioneer could recruit older members. 

There was definitely more than one minor marching Pioneer this past season. Way more than one.

• Thanks 2