Pioneer Suspended by DCI

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Firing the board and the CEO was a big part of that.

How could it not be here. I think we all agree on that. In this day and age when we are all one sentence away from losing your lively hood and caused no physical harm. Guess it's good to be the King and not have any real pressure to do anything. Poor kids are just pawns.

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Steve Vickers probably checks out DCP, so maybe he can reply to your suggestion.  His first two volume's have to be collector items and I ain't selling 'em!

no he really doesnt.

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

It is perfect for a drum corps, isolated and no chance of noise complaints. 

Very true - but the constant noise of the planes taking off would leave them unable to hear themselves.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Although it abuts the airport, it’s not convenient to the airport if that makes sense.

Railroad tracks in between screw the pooch for airport use

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Steve Vickers probably checks out DCP, so maybe he can reply to your suggestion.  His first two volume's have to be collector items and I ain't selling 'em!

I don’t believe they have been sold at finals since 2013, but it looks like they can still be ordered through the Drum Corps World website. 

1 hour ago, WIS said:

You are correct if Roman personally owns the equipment, but it certainly doesn't look like that is the case.  I stand by my comments.  Not going to get into a Pi@@ing match - I know the research below is for a foundation.  <snip>

If you know that IRC4946 deals with interaction and transaction between donors and private foundations, and you admit that Pio does not classify as a private foundation, then your contention that your "other-issue" research is relevant is flawed, and your arguments are vacuous.

No pee-ing contest necessary, but facts are mandatory.  The fact is that you're citing unrelated code to support a position you could have cut and pasted in 10 minutes, and your position - that Roman is somehow a "disqualified person" to deal with Pio's assets - is baseless.  

OK, so Pio owns the assets.  If Pio owns the assets, Roman can't "take them and go home".  Got it.  That's one possibility not disproven or supported by your data from the 990.  I was supporting the possibility that, if the assets are titled in Roman's name (for some crazy reason, maybe!) he's been "giving" their use to Pio as a charitable contribution each year, and he can stop doing so at any time.  If he bought the busses and they are in his name, he can, in fact take those toys and drive them home to his front yard.  That's all.  No pee-ing contest meant.

But I think that, at base, we're speculating about the titling of Pio's assets and what can be reasonably expected to be passed along should some other group surface to rescue the org.

Edited by garfield
ease of reading

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I don’t believe they have been sold at finals since 2013, but it looks like they can still be ordered through the Drum Corps World website. 

Not selling mine either!  What a GOLD MINE of data about this crazy thing we do.  I saw Steve all over at LOS - he hasn't aged differently at all.  Looks exactly the same as decades ago.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WIS said:

Very true - but the constant noise of the planes taking off would leave them unable to hear themselves.

which may explain some of those scores over the years.

A moment in memory of those members of the Des Plaines Vanguard who lost their lives when a plane hit the hangar the corps was using for practice outside Chicago in the early 70's. The corps was never the same or really very competitively successful after that.

• Sad 1