Pioneer Suspended by DCI

5 hours ago, WIS said:

Thank you.  Thank you very much for honoring me with this nomination.  I will treasure this moment forever   

As I have already noted that I'm done with this topic so it is with a heavy heart that I feel I must withdraw my name from consideration   

:16_relieved:

Oh shoot, and we were just starting to have fun.  Dang.

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

New caption award:  the Bob Cratchit accountant award. Named in honor of the abused, underpaid, endlessly working clerk of Ebenezer Scrooge. In spite of such challenges, Bob Cratchit would sacrifice everything for the family he loves, the family who adores him. It is in honor of his selflessness in the face of severe adversity that this award, the Gilded Quill, is presented. This year's award is a neck and neck race between WIS and Gar. Stay tuned as the judges tally the scores. 

Gilded Quill -- At this very moment, somewhere JK Rowling is knashing her teeth that she didn't come up with this first for Gringotts.

Well done, sir!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

which may explain some of those scores over the years.

A moment in memory of those members of the Des Plaines Vanguard who lost their lives when a plane hit the hangar the corps was using for practice outside Chicago in the early 70's. The corps was never the same or really very competitively successful after that.

Des Plaines Vanguard was the highest placing non-member corps at the first DCI Championship in 1972, finishing 7th in the finals.

8 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

An excerpt from this link:

Its governing organization Drum Corps International, said that, in 2017, it learned "through social media that a registered sex offender might be serving on Pioneer's staff."

Blenski said it was true, but he believed the person posed no threat of harm.

"He was convicted of taking pictures of people, nude or something," Blenski said. "And the end result is we had to ask him to leave. It's not exactly what I wanted to do but society as it is today, I had no choice."

I think I pulled my cringe muscle.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, WIS said:

Property is owned by:

PIONEER DRUM & BUGLE CORPS &
COLOR GUARD, INC.
4601 W HOLT AVE
MILWAUKEE WI 53220

http://propertytax.ci.cudahy.wi.us/GCSWebPortal/PropertySummaryReport.aspx

This has been the same address since day one.  I, and many others, have been to this location.  We all know what it is.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

FYI, here is a list of sponsors and suppliers of Pioneer (taken from the mobile version of their website):

• King Brass Instruments
  • Mapex Drums
  • Zildjian Cymbals
  • Innovative Percussion, Inc.
  • Evans Drumheads
  • TreeWorks Hand-Crafted Chimes
  • FJM Uniforms
  • Flash Visual Media
  • Karl Hammond Design
  • Field Band Foundation
  • Small Drum Corps Association (SDCA)
  • Mid-American Competitive Band Directors Association (MACBDA)

Contact these organizations, tell them about Pioneer's situation, and ask them to pressure Roman to resign, or else they have every right to relinquish their sponsorships.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

FYI, here is a list of sponsors and suppliers of Pioneer (taken from the mobile version of their website):

• King Brass Instruments
  • Mapex Drums
  • Zildjian Cymbals
  • Innovative Percussion, Inc.
  • Evans Drumheads
  • TreeWorks Hand-Crafted Chimes
  • FJM Uniforms
  • Flash Visual Media
  • Karl Hammond Design
  • Field Band Foundation
  • Small Drum Corps Association (SDCA)
  • Mid-American Competitive Band Directors Association (MACBDA)

Contact these organizations, tell them about Pioneer's situation, and ask them to pressure Roman to resign, or else they have every right to relinquish their sponsorships.

I'm just curious, do you find it more productive to sharpen the tines of your pitchfork with a dry stone or do you add water?  Or maybe anneal it over a flame?

:tongue:

Meant to be kind of funny, not personal.

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

An excerpt from this link:

I think I pulled my cringe muscle.

Great appetite killer...

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

This has been the same address since day one.  I, and many others, have been to this location.  We all know what it is.

Thank you for your transparency...

2 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm just curious, do you find it more productive to sharpen the tines of your pitchfork with a dry stone or do you add water?  Or maybe anneal it over a flame?

:tongue:

Meant to be kind of funny, not personal.

The rate quenching after annealing is the most important part to hardening the points....