Pioneer Suspended by DCI

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

And conversely Roman MAY be telling the truth and DCI is just covering their own <bleep> as well...

Before anyone jumps down my throat I am NOT defending him, but just presenting an equally plausible explanation based on her tweet.  It almost seems like DCI wanted to get in front of the story this time...Just saying. Roman also could have flat out lied as well.

Your cynicism is warranted, but the pdf of the letter sent to RB is making the rounds, so he knew when he answered her that it was a lie.

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Your cynicism is warranted, but the pdf of the letter sent to RB is making the rounds, so he knew when he answered her that it was a lie.

Fair enough.  I have not seen this "evidence".

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Roman Blenski probably won't remain at the helm there much longer.

That needs to happen but am sad for Roman as well. Up to the past few years of things we really don't know the whole story about. I held Roman in high regard for dedicating his life to Drum Corps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I would like to see that if they could even pull that off. However, Kilties couldn't even field a corps this year, Minn Brass stated the school schedule as a reason to go inactive. If one would have a choice between the close by Kilties or going to Minn Brass I think DCA Pioneer would be hurting for members.

Is it even on their radar, would DCA tour fees, I don't do not have any idea what they are. Would it be enough to feed the family business and get the corps out east? Would dci bring them to their dci Minn show like they do with Minn Brass, Govies & Chops.

Not placing the weight of the drum corps world on you Tim but there are a lot of things that will work itself out, soon.

Kilties haven’t done anything to make themselves an appealing destination in years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BachCheddar said:

There was definitely more than one minor marching Pioneer this past season. Way more than one.

I tried to find the original letter, but couldn’t, but in my searching it looks like on the Reddit site you are a former marching member, so obviously I’ll trust your word. It also sounds as if difficult is an understatement describing your experience. If you did not age out, I hope you’re able to march with a corps that will offer you a better experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Will Pioneer be missed? Teal Sound was not around long enough to be one of my favorites, but I did feel bad when they stopped competing, not just due to the circumstances, but that a corps no longer competed. I felt terrible about Glassmen. Pioneer does have fans, but in Indy where you often hear all sorts of things, the most common comment I heard regarding Pioneer are the words”Poor Pioneer.” I think Pioneer will be missed, but Pioneer has not been Pioneer for quite a while.

Many people wanted them to succeed but management was content being stuck in 1995

32 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

it should, but often it doesn't. There's been a fair bit of national news (on other subjects) over the past few years in which it seems plain to me that incurious journalists are being led around by the nose. It depends on people's preconceptions. The problems at Pioneer surely are not new, but until people started taking seriously the idea that there could be abuse and malign neglect in drum corps, such information was falling on deaf ears.

Roman probably thought he could tip his hat out of it

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

Feel free to share

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

That needs to happen but am sad for Roman as well. Up to the past few years of things we really don't know the whole story about. I held Roman in high regard for dedicating his life to Drum Corps.

I’m not at all sad for him. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

This isn't anything about Pio, just a comment on how much I dislike the changes to the DCI website.  For old eyes like mine, it's REALLY HARD TO READ.  Anybody else agree?  From the sheets to articles, to schedules to everything.  I am not a fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3