Response From Pioneer To Recent Events

3 hours ago, drummer5485 said:

Tone deaf, myopic... I just have no words. I can't believe that DCI isn't blowing up Roman's phone and telling him not to make any more statements to the media at this point.

33 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

More from Reddit; This can't be true??

I saw Roman Blenski II at a grocery store in Indianapolis yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a ###### and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen travel sized shampoo bottles in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bottles and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bottle and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This is something which is copied and pasted over the internet. It's not true. However, at this point it doesn't matter. The interview most recently done by the local Wisconsin news is hands down the most shockingly unprofessional and irresponsible interview I've ever read in my life. DCI truly needs to dissolve Pioneer. Roman has no business being involved in any type of youth activity any more. If the organization in any way is to be left over they should be forced to change the name purely to start anew.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I saw Roman Blenski II at a grocery store in Indianapolis yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a ###### and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen travel sized shampoo bottles in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bottles and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bottle and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

A quick google search reveals this is copypasta; i.e, a story copied and pasted a million times over on the internet with celebrity names changed. this doesn’t help with the facts of a story (although I understand you were just copying & pasting from reddit).

The only part of this story anyone needs to hear is the line in Roman’s response, “He was convicted of taking pictures of people, nude or something....and the end result is we had to ask him to leave. It’s not exactly what I wanted to do, but society as it is today, I had no choice.”

How can anyone possibly be this disconnected from reality and stuck in another era. Just leave. This man has CLEARLY has no business running a drum corps anymore. The time has passed. Those two sentences alone are mind boggling.

Edited by JohnZ
political commentary and filter circumvention
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

9 hours ago

From the boot Roman Reddit Thread

There is a change.org petition to remove him. It probably isn't the best way to get him out, but maybe it'll help show the Pioneer BoD and DCI that a number of people want him out/will raise awareness of what has happened with Pioneer.

You mean the nepotistic Pioneer BoD? Yeah, they're going to side with him, no matter what.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I hope you realize this specifically is a copypasta

5 hours ago, Huntington Mallets said:

This is something which is copied and pasted over the internet. It's not true. However, at this point it doesn't matter. The interview most recently done by the local Wisconsin news is hands down the most shockingly unprofessional and irresponsible interview I've ever read in my life. DCI truly needs to dissolve Pioneer. Roman has no business being involved in any type of youth activity any more. If the organization in any way is to be left over they should be forced to change the name purely to start anew.

Read the Philly one. It’s worse 

I think the original legitimate intent of this thread has migrated over to one of the other Pioneer threads, so we'll close this one and concentrate the discussions.

thanks all for your understanding, and your help in keeping the discussions civil and on point.