Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

2 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

(woop woop woop woop!)

zoidberg-scuttle-gif-1.gif

Gotta save the Zoidburg vid and picture RB going out the door. Big fan of that show

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What a godawful mess this activity is in.  And I don’t think we’ve heard it all yet. 

I know, right?  Do you ever get the feeling we've only scratched the surface?  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

This is so disturbing. What is even more disturbing is that EVERY SINGLE CORPS has these types of stories either now or in their past. Not one corps is immune to these very issues albeit to drastically different degrees. Yes, there are many that NOW do the right thing but in the not too distant past we all know that wasn't the case. Even the corps at the very very top have their dirty little secrets.

Agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

He doesn’t sound like a person who is going to step down without a fight to me. He seems very combative and hostile to those who would question his authority.  That seems to be a trend in people who are in powerful positions for far too long. 

Based on what I saw of him when I marched in '01 and what I've seen since, I'd have to agree. As much as I hope he'll see the light and realize that stepping down and getting his family members off the BOD as well is the only chance the corps has to flourish, I don't think that's realistic and it's likely going to take DCI forcibly removing him for any change to happen (assuming he doesn't just take his ball and go home).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fifer said:

.  Just like how Boston was fighting for the little guy back then (even gave the finger with its G7 drill) and now only cares about building their finances so they can buy staff, electronics and props, Roman has turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Image result for confused look... gifs

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

more likely imo would be they refuse to step down and pioneer (what’s left of it) is pushed out of DCI and becomes a local parade type organization 

While this gets them out of DCIs hair it does nothing to stop Blenski from continuing to mistreat members. He needs to go away and not be involved with a youth activity ever again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

While this gets them out of DCIs hair it does nothing to stop Blenski from continuing to mistreat members. He needs to go away and not be involved with a youth activity ever again.

I’m thinking this is out in the local media now. Who would hire even a parade/exhibition type Pioneer with this baggage. 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m thinking this is out in the local media now. Who would hire even a parade/exhibition type Pioneer with this baggage. 

Exactly what I was thinking...

Anyone googling the org will come across all this.  I can't see anything coming of this with RB in place.

Even if removed, someone/some group is taking quite a risk to attempt this as a fixer-upper.   Seems unrecoverable to me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It is. A couple of local Milwaukee papers and stations have published their own stories.