Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

With many folks here requesting/demanding DCI to step in (more than they have) why doesn't a social media driven boycott take place to advise potential MM's (if there are any) what has transpired and abound joining (hello mom and dad).  Advise current MM's who are thinking of remaining to boycott until changes are made.  Staff boycotts, etc., etc. So it leaves the Director and BoD with nothing to run, but continues the current review and disciplinary process and probable lawsuits until the entire admin is out.  And banned from participating in any future DCI sponsored/recognized orgs.

Leave the reckless, thoughtless, socially inept Bilenski Crew with nothing to run or ruin.  I doubt any of them has the wherewithal to stop it.

We are well beyond that

there is no dci pioneer imo unless the Blenski walk and then a miracle ensues 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its hard to imagine Roman Blenski staying on as Corps Director at Pioneer. His recent public letter he put out did not help him there at all, imo.

Yeah, between the statement that was published on the corps' website a couple days ago and the subsequent articles and stories that have run in Milwaukee and Philly media, his image has gotten worse and worse. Most people know to stop digging when you've put yourself that deep in a hole- I guess he doesn't.

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its hard to imagine Roman Blenski staying on as Corps Director at Pioneer. His recent public letter he put out did not help him there at all, imo.

I’d put his odds at 0.05% 

11 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Everyone seems to understand  Blenski is gone.

Everyone except Blenski.

Someone enlighten me —- does DCI as the governing body of our activity even have the power to remove him?

I’ve gathered through everything with The Cadets and now Pio that the organization has much less power over the internal workings of individual corps than we all assume they do. Sure, they can apply pressure, but is actually removing him from his corps within DCI’s power? Asking because I’m legitimately unsure.

With the situations involving the Cadets and Pioneer now becoming known nationally and the rumored "more to follow", how long before DCI as a whole ceases to exist?  When does DCI decide a national summer tour raises too many red flags (social media being what it is these days = "ALL Drum Corps are tainted") and says "to heck with it"?  Maybe Corps (who are still around) do more of a WGI tour -- weekend shows, a Regional or two, and a National Championship.

I'm feeling VERY despondent.  :sad:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jake W. said:

Someone enlighten me —- does DCI as the governing body of our activity even have the power to remove him?

I’ve gathered through everything with The Cadets and now Pio that the organization has much less power over the internal workings of individual corps than we all assume they do. Sure, they can apply pressure, but is actually removing him from his corps within DCI’s power? Asking because I’m legitimately unsure.

They do not have that power. They can however keep the organization on suspension and keep them from competing in DCI sanctioned events until they meet certain parameters. Whether or not that could include for them to get a new BOD and Director I do not know. 

30 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

With many folks here requesting/demanding DCI to step in (more than they have) why doesn't a social media driven boycott take place to advise potential MM's (if there are any) what has transpired and abound joining (hello mom and dad).  Advise current MM's who are thinking of remaining to boycott until changes are made.  Staff boycotts, etc., etc. So it leaves the Director and BoD with nothing to run, but continues the current review and disciplinary process and probable lawsuits until the entire admin is out.  And banned from participating in any future DCI sponsored/recognized orgs.

Leave the reckless, thoughtless, socially inept Bilenski Crew with nothing to run or ruin.  I doubt any of them has the wherewithal to stop it.

That is happening (more or less) on Reddit (which is where the young whippersnappers hang out)

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Not directly, but they won't let Pio back in unless things change and things won't change unless he leaves.  Also, not enough people will march at Pio unless he leaves.