Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

and it's called a "board of advisors" instead of board of directors - speaks volumes

might was well call it "board of rubber stampers"

Yep, a board of advisors is no board at all.

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well here's the problem:

Pioneer Board Members
Roman Blenski II
Sue Blenski
Sandra Fugh
Murray Davis
Roman Blenski III
Marci Perkins

If you have any questions regarding the Board of Advisors, please contact the corps at dbcpmilw@execpc.com or via phone at 414.327.2847

I think Sandra Fugh is his daughter. Murray Davis is also on the admin team. 

What an inbred cluster ****

edit - Has anyone called that number?

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well here's the problem:

Pioneer Board Members
Roman Blenski II
Sue Blenski
Sandra Fugh
Murray Davis
Roman Blenski III
Marci Perkins

If you have any questions regarding the Board of Advisors, please contact the corps at dbcpmilw@execpc.com or via phone at 414.327.2847

Roman Blenski II

Sue Blenski (Roman's wife)

Sandra Fugh (maiden name Sandra Blenski, Roman's daughter)

Murray Davis (music director at the church the Blenskis attend, friend of the family for decades I believe)

Roman Blenski III (Roman's son)

Marci Perkins (Roman III's wife, I believe? Roman's daughter in law)

• Like 3

Ok so there's more people out there in high places who haven't had the spotlight shined on them yet. I will assume this is a poorly kept secret, as are most things in this small activity. Therefore I will go ahead and conclude that Dan Acheson knows about it. Is Dan going to act, as he should, or will he once again wait and be embarrassed yet again when it's reported in the press?  Is Dan part of the good old boy network here, unable to act because these yet to be named offenders are his pals from way back?  If that's the case,  DCI needs a new executive director. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I think Sandra Fugh is his daughter. Murray Davis is also on the admin team. 

What an inbred cluster ****

edit - Has anyone called that number?

Edited by Old Corps Guy

49 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Not saying don't check up on them, but tagging them like animals and basically saying you are incapable of making good decisions so I will overlord over you, is well weird and counter productive IMHO.

Never treated anyone like an animal, ever. Why is everything so personal. That's how folks are branded for life. by one post that turns their life downside up. All the likes because you called Bluzes weird Can I vote twice since it's me, what a bunch of adults. Should Roman stay and I resign seems it may make just as many of you happy?

All I the did is point out where is technology today using a touring drum corps as an example, what's possible. All this is already happening in the background your intellect is being sold to the highest bidder. Spend enough eye contact on a commercial and it signals your cell & pc to turn up the pressure. Hey, Google is listening and crunching everything. It's there it exists how it makes me an animal is childish, but have your fun, I sure do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

"Hello, you've reached the voicemail of Roman Blenski.  He's sorry he can't take your call right now..."  :innocent:

Marx Brothers and the law firm of Hungadunger, Hungadunger, Hungadunger and McCormack. In this case Blenski, etc. And don’t leave out the main one (part of the Marx routine)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Ok so there's more people out there in high places who haven't had the spotlight shined on them yet. I will assume this is a poorly kept secret, as are most things in this small activity. Therefore I will go ahead and conclude that Dan Acheson knows about it. Is Dan going to act, as he should, or will he once again wait and be embarrassed yet again when it's reported in the press?  Is Dan part of the good old boy network here, unable to act because these yet to be named offenders are his pals from way back?  If that's the case,  DCI needs a new executive director. 

"a fish goes rotten from the head" - real change needs to start at the top 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, karuna said:

This media scandal has already hurt housing availability.  Housing is the soft underbelly of DCI.  School boards will see this scandal growing and say “No thanks” and just like that the tour model collapses.  Maybe corps will all leave DCI and go compete in WGI winds?  

This whole thing is sad beyond belief.  The corps directors collectively run DCI.  By turning their heads and looking away they have probably written their own death sentence.  Sure Acheson knew and did nothing as well. Because they all thought that NyQuil-Ibuprofren-Get Back Out There was perfectly normal drum corps. 

Wgi will survive because the Scholastic side butters their bread.  They had no choice but to adapt to changing times.   But DCI is facing a storm that may very well sink the entire ship. 

Pioneer has been investigated since 2017. Common sense would say "If they are looking at us for this reason, let's make sure they do not have another reason to look at us too" and clean up their act. Common sense would also dictate that if there is now a means by which marching members can voice complaints, let's do everything possible  to make sure that does not happen, which in some cases can be as simple as listening and looking into the matter, because often complaints are a matter of misunderstanding or can be addressed easily. Pioneer did not choose to do this and this is what happens.

Much depends on the competing corps themselves. They need to get in front of things. When cadets faced their issues last Spring, some, though not all, corps issued statements ensuring marching members safety. My guess is that the reluctance to do so may be due to the history of some of the corps, however that should not prevent a "from this day forward" response.

Regarding housing, I am sure that some bad press did not help this past year, but changing school year calendars and bad experience with drum corps has probably played a bigger role. 

• Like 1