Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m feeling very ambivalent...and guilty.  Like I should have done something.  I just don’t know what. 

You shouldn't be Terri...we are mostly ALL guilty of this toleration...perhaps we need to be reminded of the honor code from West Point....with the most important aspect IMO being TOLERATION...for anyone who is SHOCKED by this news...they should stop being dishonest with themselves...

220px-TheCadetHonorCodeMonument.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Liahona said:

You shouldn't be Terri...we are mostly ALL guilty of this toleration...perhaps we need to be reminded of the honor code from West Point....with the most important aspect IMO being TOLERATION...for anyone who is SHOCKED by this news...they should stop being dishonest with themselves...

220px-TheCadetHonorCodeMonument.jpg

I’m just sad.  I want every member to have a great experience and I know that there are those who didn’t.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m feeling very ambivalent...and guilty.  Like I should have done something.  I just don’t know what. 

Thought that was what the ibuprofen was for! Must wait for big pharms to catch up they are still analyzing "Pioneer Abuse" for now listen to SCV twice right away.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I was afraid we would experience some amount of frivolous use of the reporting system.

This is one factor the pitchfork mob should pay heed to before rushing to criticize DCI for speed of response.  Complaints need to be evaluated before action is taken, and that requires time.  If the complaints are going through an independent third-party reporting system, that adds a bit more time for issues to be communicated to DCI.

I am not a lawyer, but I would guess the legal advice DCI receives is to vet complaints first, and not issue press releases prematurely.  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just starting to reading the article now.

-----------

Blenski, in an interview Monday, said he did not recall making that comment. But he doubled down on branding the whistleblowers as snitches.

"In the regular world, you know, that's snitching," said the 77-year-old Blenski, who founded Pioneer in 1961 and is among drum corps' longest-serving leaders.

"Do we have any proof of who did it? Not with any certainty," he added. "But we have a relative idea who did it."

----------

Oh my. He sounds like a mob boss. Next thing you know, he'll say that flipping ought to be illegal.

Presenting their 2019 show, "Omerta", Drum Corps International is proud to present Pioneer!

But the Irish mob 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But the Irish mob 

Scary to say the least. But like you say we can't jump to conclusions. There is a lot of work to do and everything is not what it seems. Dci may want to keep the recruiting open indicating they  may be just a Parade corps or only participate in SoundSport with a limited membership, who knows time will tell.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t feel guilty. If you had gone to anyone with your concerns who could change things they would have fallen upon deaf ears. Trust me, I’ve sent letters to Pioneer in the past with details on how things could be fixed, mainly about who to contact for help developing a strong board of directors. I even VOLUNTEERED my grant writing skills. Never a word back, not even a “kiss my ***”.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But the Irish mob 

Makes me wonder what whistleblower laws in Wisconsin are like. In the industry I work in (insurance subrogation), there are firm statutes in place meant to protect people who report malfeasance from retaliation.