Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ok, but so theres no misunderstanding, I stated above that CYO was " big in our neck of the woods ( N.E.  "), and never claimed, nor implied that CYO in the Boston region was " the biggest in the the nation ". Just sayin'  X.

Didn't say you did; just clarifying for the non-church goers that not every CYO operated the way Msgr. McNamara ran Boston CYO with its successful outdoor and guard circuits BITD. No need to be defensive.

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Some people's definition of " a snitch " on wrong doing is other people's definition of someone with a spine and a backbone.

There are tattletales, snitches and whistleblowers.  A tattletale is usually a child trying to get another in trouble by "telling mom on you" for very minor inconsequential issues.  we know what it is.  A snitch is someone who "rats out" someone to gain something from it.  A whistleblower (recognized by their spine & backbone) is someone who is exposing wrongdoing that is harmful in some way or manner to the public.  What we have here it appears are whistleblowers being called snitches by the person who is the alleged wrongdoer.  I say alleged because until it is proven beyond doubt there was negligence, abuse, or other misdeeds that may reach levels of what the law deems criminal, it has to be "alleged".  What may be a byproduct of what has occurred this season between Cadets and Pioneer and maybe OC, is DCI revamping their oversight R&R and doing audits (financial and member/staff policies) of all corps in world and Open class to determine compliance and require compliance for all DCI participating corps.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

ctually, the biggest CYO in the nation was not Boston but Chicago.

How was this measured, being so detailed orientated I would like to know. The NY area were no light weights to CYO either and had a musical focus.

I posted this in the Best Corps Name Thread.

Posted Tuesday at 05:58 PM 
In 50's, CYO in NYC area had a huge standstill circuit. Had competition classes by the carload. Sometimes it seemed there were 100 units. The competitions went on for hours and hours and hours. The Sunrisers started out as a standstill unit- Fred Rose was the Director. 

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

A tattletale is usually a child trying to get another in trouble by "telling mom on you" for very minor inconsequential issues. 

Ironic how today its adults reporting minor inconsequential issues. To HR and getting someone fired and totally ruining their lives, I just love progressiveness.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Didn't say you did; just clarifying for the non-church goers that not every CYO operated the way Msgr. McNamara ran Boston CYO with its successful outdoor and guard circuits BITD. No need to be defensive.

Not defensive. Just asked you politely not to misconstrue what I said above... thats all. Simple request, it seems to me. Don't take offense to the request.

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

How was this measured, being so detailed orientated I would like to know. The NY area were no light weights to CYO either and had a musical focus.

I posted this in the Best Corps Name Thread.

Posted Tuesday at 05:58 PM 
In 50's, CYO in NYC area had a huge standstill circuit. Had competition classes by the carload. Sometimes it seemed there were 100 units. The competitions went on for hours and hours and hours. The Sunrisers started out as a standstill unit- Fred Rose was the Director. 

There are several areas in the country today with over 100 units in their local circuits then add on percussion, winds, etc. Some of today's local championships take 3 days to get through them. This end of the activity is very strong. Of course, most are in the Scholastic divisions.

22 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

A whistleblower (recognized by their spine & backbone) is someone who is exposing wrongdoing that is harmful in some way or manner to the public.  What we have here it appears are whistleblowers being called snitches by the person who is the alleged wrongdoer.  

It's also worth noting that in many industries, there are laws in place that protect people who report organizational neglect or malfeasance (aka "whistleblowers") from retaliation or threats of retaliation. I wonder if those laws would apply in this circumstance.

56 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

There is a Class A DCA corps that accepts donations for meals on show days. That meal they take pics of members with a white board that has thanks to ..name.. written in it. The pics are posted on the corps fb page. 

My home corps does the same with the white board on FB. Oftentimes with humor injected into the pictures as well as thanks! lol

• Like 2

Just now, Galen said:

It's also worth noting that in many industries, there are laws in place that protect people who report organizational neglect or malfeasance (aka "whistleblowers") from retaliation or threats of retaliation. I wonder if those laws would apply in this circumstance.

Not sure where it would fall.  If it requires the whistleblower to be an employee (paid) or a volunteer?  Maybe so long as the person reporting an issue has documented proof, it wouldn't matter.