Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

38 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

Who in their right mind would look at any show Pioneer has ever done and say,

Looking maybe not but I do have hard drive space for them. Never know when an alumni comes a knocking will watch them then. My opinion the come in last mindset is getting old.

8 minutes ago, Tim78 said:

So you've watched all 50+ years of Pioneer shows to make that determination? You must be exhausted. 

At least the past 20 that I’ve been to shows.

You got to call a spade a spade.

Way to go to the kids for trying, but Pio has literally been The Joke of DCI for years.

Better Ever Day. Worse Every Year.

Find me one person in DCI that hasn’t heard that joke.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

tumblr_nn9pb7URlE1sohv25o1_1280.gif

Proposed plot twist for the writers to consider:

The Blenski character, who complains about "snitches", is secretly ratting out the Acheson character to the FBI.

4 hours ago, HornTeacher said:

I would think something like "Actions detrimental to the overall Organization" might be a reasonable place to start.  Think Pete Rose...

Okay.  Choosing Jackson, MS, as the 1993 championship site was an action detrimental to the organization.  Who made that choice, and are they in the HOF?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

At least the past 20 that I’ve been to shows.

You got to call a spade a spade.

Way to go to the kids for trying, but Pio has literally been The Joke of DCI for years.

Better Ever Day. Worse Every Year.

Find me one person in DCI that hasn’t heard that joke.

Pioneer has had its detractors, but your 20 years they had some good shows. They do not come to the Boston area very often, so most years that I see Pioneer it is in Allentown and Indy. What I have seen decrease over the years is the difficulty (which was not the highest) and the energy. I don’t think it was based on talent, since quite a few I and E prizes have gone to members of Pioneer. 

The more important part of the announcement is the middle paragraph:

Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Best-case scenario:

Roman and the Pioneer "Board of Advisors" resign (or are kicked out by DCI, which is less likely but could happen)

Pioneer goes inactive for the 2019 season to focus on making needed organizational changes

- Dan Acheson resigns as DCI Executive Director, and whoever becomes the new ED begins the process of reforming DCI's oversight process

- Pioneer returns to competition in 2020 via SoundSport or Open Class

Phases 1 and 2 complete. Now we wait...

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2