Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

"BUT IT TOOK THEM ALL DAY TO ACT!!!!  DISGRACEFUL!

(/snarky sarcasm)

Depends on when the clock started, I guess.

The term they currently use in the Hood is "snitches get stitches" if you know what I mean!!! This is the reason when Police come to investigate a crime no one has seen nothing or know's nothing.   Another unsolved crime especially homicides.  I guess dealing with repercussions can be a little.....................hectic.  No snitches please!!!

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

The more important part of the announcement is the middle paragraph:

Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension

What leadership is going to replace these people? I thought the family was all the leadership? Who is making these decisions under the title of "Pioneer leadership"? Instructional staff?

honest question...

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Okay.  Choosing Jackson, MS, as the 1993 championship site was an action detrimental to the organization.  Who made that choice, and are they in the HOF?

The Cabot Lodge wasn't bad would take the heat over the buzzing lights in the Rose Bowl. Even The Fighting Canaries know they sit through all kinds of bad weather. To get to the Music but it doesn't buzz and give you a headache. Is this the Ibuprofen thread?

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2018 at 2:46 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Marx Brothers and the law firm of Hungadunger, Hungadunger, Hungadunger and McCormack. In this case Blenski, etc. And don’t leave out the main one (part of the Marx routine)

I have Dewey, Cheatum and Howe on retainer

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, Jeff Ream said:

the problem is, we can't fix the past, we can only learn from it and move.

I'm told a DCA corps just removed a staffer that showed up on the PA priests list. As son as that hit boom, because nothing was done legally that would show on a background check

Wow.

11 hours ago, Galen said:

It's also worth noting that in many industries, there are laws in place that protect people who report organizational neglect or malfeasance (aka "whistleblowers") from retaliation or threats of retaliation. I wonder if those laws would apply in this circumstance.

The DCI Code of Conduct and Ethics is very clear that actions implied, threatened, or taken against anyone who files a report to DCI is a serious violation. It's perhaps the biggest reason Pioneer is suspended.

1 hour ago, soccerguy315 said:

What leadership is going to replace these people? I thought the family was all the leadership? Who is making these decisions under the title of "Pioneer leadership"? Instructional staff?

honest question...

And fair to ask. One would hope the individuals chosen for the board would be much as the YEA interim replacements, having strong experience in the various facets of operating a corps and a sincere interest in enabling this corps to have a greater degree of success and effectiveness in providing a solid and positive experience for the members. One would also hope and desire that the replacements aren't entangled to the nines with the current regime/read as more relatives-toadies.

It sounds like some agreement has been made for all of the family to divest themselves of the corps. The next step may be how this is accomplished. There's been a lot of discussion about if or how they own the various assets the corps uses, and it's quite befuddling to me. (to put it politely)

It may be up to lawyers from both the new Board and the family to work out some type of deal on ownership of the brand and the assets, or work it out with DCI, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see how this progresses.

5 minutes ago, BigW said:

It sounds like some agreement has been made for all of the family to divest themselves of the corps. The next step may be how this is accomplished. There's been a lot of discussion about if or how they own the various assets the corps uses, and it's quite befuddling to me. (to put it politely)

It may be up to lawyers from both the new Board and the family to work out some type of deal on ownership of the brand and the assets, or work it out with DCI, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see how this progresses.

Yep, the lawyers get to earn their stripes in situations like this. Transferring of titles for physical and virtual assets (ie websites, social media accounts, etc.), real estate, vehicles, IP and imagery, etc.  Gonna be an awful lot of paperwork, "party of the first part and party of the second part", etc.