Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

I couldn’t help but notice that Andy Grindle, the Brass Caption Head in 2018, completely erased any trace of his Pioneer connection from his LinkedIn profile. In a way, I feel for the guy, and the few staff who really wanted 2018 to be different than all the other typical Pioneer seasons. I wish him the best. He seems like he really was sincere and wanted it to be different.

Edited by fireshane1

Decided to pull this quote from the "First Cadets, Then Pioneer..." thread to post here. As I expected, Roman is not going away too quietly.

12 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Speaking of Roman, I decided to check Pio's website tonight out of complete curiosity, and noticed a few interesting things:

• The homepage has been updated from the letter that was there from about a week or so ago to a brand-new (as of yesterday) "News from the Top." Based on what I saw, I have a good feeling Roman wrote the whole thing, despite DCI implying that he is out as Executive Director.
  • Also, although DCI made it very obvious last week, the news update does not at all confirm that Pioneer will not field a corps in 2019 - it only says that they are discussing "conditions for reinstatement."
  • And with one quick look at the Administration page, Roman is still listed as being Executive Director, and now has a short bio under his name (which may just be something that I never noticed until now). However, the "Board of Advisors" page is wiped out and listed as "To Be Announced."
Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

If you are at DCA you can ask RB as he has been seen therre.

1 hour ago, oldsoprano said:

Wonder if RB is in Willamsport this weekend because he is contemplating trying to take Pioneer to DCA since DCI won't let him play in their yard anymore. Hmmmmm.....

Saw him at DCA the last year at Annapolis about 5 years back. No idea if he always goes

1 hour ago, oldsoprano said:

Wonder if RB is in Willamsport this weekend because he is contemplating trying to take Pioneer to DCA since DCI won't let him play in their yard anymore. Hmmmmm.....

On the DCA prelims thread a believe he was spotted by Jeff Ream.

7 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

nm

Edited by BRASSO

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI HQ has currently taken no position that Pioneer " won't play in their ( DCI ) yard any more". Lets be clear.. at the moment, Pioneer has NOT been removed from competition in DCI in 2019, despite the apparent belief in several quarters that they have been. DCI's statement announced on August 21, states pretty clearly that Pioneer's Suspension that went into effect on August 16th imposed by DCI HQ was for a indeterminable period of time, and that DCH HQ would ( their words ) " lay out a series of terms for Pioneer to adopt for reinstatement ". Any belief that Roman Blenski is no longer the Executive Director at Pioneer, or that DCI HQ has initiate overtures for him to be removed there, is  no more than conjective at the moment. The status of Pioneer in DCI for 2019, and Roman Blenski's  status there is entirely unclear at the moment. More than  likely, DCI is still in the information gathering stage, and is perhaps unsure itself on what to do, until such times as it can properly investigate charges reportedly brought to DCI HQ's attention that retaliation measures were allegedly brought my whistle blowers at Pioneer for raising criticisms of policy and procedures. DCI HQ  put in place in May 2018 policies ( among other new provisions ) that prohibits retaliatory tactics taken against whistle blowers that come forward to report instances of abuse and/ or unsafe medical treatments/ unsafe conditions and such. It seems clear that DCI HQ will have further updates and announcements regarding both Cadets Probation and Pioneer's Suspension once it has completed its internal reviews on each..

Well, DCI said they won't participate in the 2019 tour, so I must be missing some distinction.. 

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, DCI said they won't participate in the 2019 tour, so I must be missing some distinction.. 

True enough.. the initial announcement cited above cited no timetable for the suspension. But the follow up announcement the next day ( forgot about that one ) did have DCI suspend Pioneer thru 2019.