Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

8 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Tricia L. Nadolny is going to dine out on this activity for years

She posted she talked with Roman Blenski ( her words) " for an hour ". I can't  imagine 100% of that 1 hour conversation with Roman were confined to Roman, Pioneer and DCI. But.. who knows.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HornTeacher said:

he should be forced to bear his Auschwitz comment on his DCI Hall-of-Fame inscription...

Exactly, if a comment like this showed up in one's FB page from 20 years ago they would and have been fired for a lot less. Roman is a bad actor and has no oversight. Taking advantage in an activity that has thrived on no oversight up to now. By not stepping down is risking the activity that defined him, until recently. Why, is Pioneer their only source of income? Not wanting to face the reality of what's next? 

I think if dci's statement was a little more descript in what it will take for Pioneer to continue. The future of Pioneer would be clearer and not giving false hope where there isn't any (Roman).

Edited by Bluzes
typo

54 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I don't think DCI is going to cease to exist. I can see a number of corps closing up shop because they just can't get their stuff together or REFUSE to take these issues seriously.

The situation at Pioneer is horrible but there are others with similar although maybe not as severe issues that were on tour this summer as well. The issues are usually tied to poor leadership and poor financial management that lead to poor experiences for the MMs. Some of the leaders of these organizations just are not business savvy or organizational savvy enough to run a drum corps. Their heart may be in the right place but they are in WAAAYYY over their heads.

Maybe the G7 idea was right? Maybe the number isn't 7 maybe its 15 or 20? Maybe there are only enough financial resources to go around to adequately support a finite number of corps that provide the utmost quality experience for the MMs. I don't have an answer....

The G7 idea, written by the original sinner precipitating this activity-wide existential crisis, proposed putting far more trust and power in his hands.  Still think that was the right idea?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

seems she missed the  story in PA with the Church issues.

No... thats inaccurate. If we go to her twitter, we can readily see She has been involved in that as well, and has commented there on her assessments of it, and named names there too in her frequent commentaries on the incidents, perpetrators, and victims that have come forth.. Its regrettable you have attempted to caste her in this light, particularly when your assessment of her concerns there as having seemingly " missed the story there in Pa with the Church issues " is wholly inaccurate.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

The G7 idea, written by the original sinner precipitating this activity-wide existential crisis, proposed putting far more trust and power in his hands.  Still think that was the right idea?

For the one millionth time, G7 wasn’t Hopkins idea 

Just now, BRASSO said:

No... thats inaccurate. If we go to her twitter, we can readily see She has been involved in that as well, and has commented there on her assessments of it, and naned names there too in her frequent commentaries on the incidents.

WEll if anyone would set me straight I always know I can count on you. I had not seen her name on anything BUT thanks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legoman said:

This, I think, is a huge problem. From reading all of the news, responses, statements, and such since April, It seems that DCI is (or is at least trying to appear to be) nothing more than an organizer, bringing together various separate entities for specific events. The thought process, and it may have "worked" in the past, is that each corps is an individual business and can run things how they want, with the only form of regulation being blocking access to certain funds or appearances.

I think DCI needs to become a true governing body, which will give one point of access for regulations that all corps will have to follow. Simple things such as requiring (maybe even providing) at least one full time athletic trainer and a compliance officer would go a long way toward fixing some of the issues. Also, having a single entity in charge, they could coordinate housing, food, and transportation, which would relieve the burden on the individual corps, and also would help prevent issues like Atown this year.

Not sure what you are suggesting.  The bolded phrase remains true, no matter what DCI does. 

6 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure what you are suggesting.  The bolded phrase remains true, no matter what DCI does. 

Yes, even if the requirements to compete in the DCI circuit are increased to higher standards, the leverage is still "allow to compete".

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

He proposed it.  If you wish, we can go off-topic and debate the precise percentages of credit each G7 participant should get for "the idea".

He really didn’t. Several of those who did still run top drum corps. It wasn’t his idea either. If you’re referring to the leaked ppt thing it wasn’t even his creation 

a deeply flawed individual that has incorrectly been made a scapegoat on topics near and far