Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Whistleblower forms sent to DCI don't go to Dan. he is notified after they are investigated. One problem with this is now, things that shouldn't be sent in are, and people are sending in decades old stuff...some of it even pre DCI. Like they can fix anything prior to 1972. But you do have some serious helicoptering going on, even in corps with good policies in place that medical people...licensed no less...on the road with them. That was my one fear....lots of people would cry wolf or someone be ###### at a tech that didn't baby them. I see it with friends in education....to some people, their kid is NEVER wrong. 

Yeah, I think people that are not marching and just hearing things on social media second hand are sending in complaints to that hotline. By doing so they are just slowing the process down for the actual issues that are being reporting by the people that are 1st party to the issue. I get people want things to get fixed but you have to do it the right way and it isn't going to happen overnight.

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I keep reading about how DC did this with the Troopers,that with YEA and now Pioneer.

I'm not a lawyer or expert on DCI's By-laws,Charter etc.

I don't see this happening with Pioneer,but  I wonder is what would happen if a member corps decided to challenge  a DCI decision ?

I would think that that could open a whole can of worms,especially if DCI ever had to open all

their records as part of "discovery".

It depends on how and when DCI steps in. If something is happening and it is clearly against the law or a serious matter where the corps does not have a leg to stand on,  the corps would have to prove DCI should not have stepped in which would mean proving the allegations are false. DCI needs to be careful about how and when they step in because all you need is one challenge to their authority that shows they overstepped and their authority is diminished.

8 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I'm really starting to love the surreal bursts from Bluzes.

I'm really starting to hate drum corps.

Hating me is ok, drum corps is beautiful and will survive. We have the perfect example right in front of us, The Cadets. They took action had resignations, cleared those that were innocent through outside investigation. Dci did little, rearranged the tour issued a probation statement and worked on a new procedure in isolation that problem was solved.

Now we are beginning to see from a few posts above. That being suspended still allows a corps to recruit for next season. That needs some explanation since dci has always controlled the lineups. If they are suspended it must be from 2019 shows?

Just now, Spatzzz said:

Yeah, I think people that are not marching and just hearing things on social media second hand are sending in complaints to that hotline. By doing so they are just slowing the process down for the actual issues that are being reporting by the people that are 1st party to the issue. I get people want things to get fixed but you have to do it the right way and it isn't going to happen overnight.

Yeah a lot of the same people as little as a year ago were singing the praise of PIO and Roman but then again will and have also challenged those actually either on tour, teaching, involved on numerous subjects and might add even a judge or 2 of course that they don't know were judges....well maybe Jeff R knows who or what I'm saying..lol:colgate:

10 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Here's a fun scenario.  The Blenski family resigns and the corps returns to the field.  The first non-irish show in a generation is "The Pining of Roman and Festival"

Bad, bad, bad joke.

Please understand, I completely appreciate the severity of this issue and want nothing but the best for the students.  No teen/young adult should have to go through what has been discussed here.

OR the fall of the Roman Empire:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

OR the fall of the Roman Empire:blink:

The Pining and Fall of the Roman Empire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luv4corps said:

I know, right?  Do you ever get the feeling we've only scratched the surface?  

the problem is, we can't fix the past, we can only learn from it and move.

I'm told a DCA corps just removed a staffer that showed up on the PA priests list. As son as that hit boom, because nothing was done legally that would show on a background check

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

While this gets them out of DCIs hair it does nothing to stop Blenski from continuing to mistreat members. He needs to go away and not be involved with a youth activity ever again.

it wont survive if DCi pulls the plug. The word is out locally

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

well here's the problem:

Pioneer Board Members
Roman Blenski II
Sue Blenski
Sandra Fugh
Murray Davis
Roman Blenski III
Marci Perkins

If you have any questions regarding the Board of Advisors, please contact the corps at dbcpmilw@execpc.com or via phone at 414.327.2847

That is just bad governance for a non-profit. You should to have the majority of any board made up of interested/related parties. It is the law.

• Like 2