Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

4 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Well... that WOULD get them away from the Irish stuff.  'Course, BD already DID The Godfather... Gangs of New York, maybe?

That or another Scorsese.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Pioneer. To me, being a Pioneer was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the rehearsal room for an after-school job, I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in a neighborhood that was full of nobodies. They weren't like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They double-parked their buses in front of a hydrant and nobody ever gave them a ticket. In the summer when they played on the field all night, nobody ever called the cops."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Buried near the end zone of Giants stadium - or wait...

Which Giants kicker said that gives a whole new meaning to the term “coffin corner”?

edit: found it was Sean Landeta in the 80s

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

If there is Pioneer after this  will be surprised. 

Do you think another group could take them on as a feeder group?

I view Pioneer already as a DCI " feeder group ".

You mean maybe some Corps to take on Pioneer into their fold ?  If so,  why would they ever want to take on a Corps that is reportedly in the Red ?

Edited by BRASSO

35 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

Do you think another group could take them on as a feeder group?

Would a Parade Corps be a rebuilding solution? Something the alum can even play a role in joining. There would be a small flow of revenue generated hopefully to keep things afloat. Roman has them connections already, just step up the pace. It's painful someone may need to get a job that depends on income from the corps. There is plenty of successful parade corps, The Saints Brigade NY/NJ border look forward to them every year. Lots of others.

We are racking our brains trying to keep them on the field. Maybe it needs to be broken down further.

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Would a Parade Corps be a rebuilding solution? Something the alum can even play a role in joining. There would be a small flow of revenue generated hopefully to keep things afloat. Roman has them connections already, just step up the pace. It's painful someone may need to get a job that depends on income from the corps. There is plenty of successful parade corps, The Saints Brigade NY/NJ border look forward to them every year. Lots of others.

We are racking our brains trying to keep them on the field. Maybe it needs to be broken down further.

Do parades pay corps in the Midwest? Northeast is a good parade revenue source but some areas do not pay

19 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That or another Scorsese.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Pioneer. To me, being a Pioneer was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the rehearsal room for an after-school job, I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in a neighborhood that was full of nobodies. They weren't like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They double-parked their buses in front of a hydrant and nobody ever gave them a ticket. In the summer when they played on the field all night, nobody ever called the cops."

Goodfellas. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes on the Midwest. Pretty well, too. 

they could do parades with weekend rehearsals early year then head to Indy on a 2 week abbreviated tour via DCI east and a few shows

doable for a group in flux and not too expensive at all 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

At the least an independent regular  external audit process 

I also feel Dan possibly needs to go = fresh eyes 

Perhaps DCI and Pioneer need to go talk to The Cadets (since they got their <bleep> together) for advice on how to "do it the right way"...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Do parades pay corps in the Midwest? Northeast is a good parade revenue source but some areas do not pay

Don't know anything about parades today. Sure marched a lot of them back in the day so drum corps did not cost me a penny. I am sure if anything Roman knows where the paydays are.