Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Me reading the article.  giphy.gif

doesn't look like you

Here's some added perspective: Pioneer's latest available gross receipts very similar to that of Music City.  Look what Music City has accomplished compared to Pio.  Pathetic leadership and structure with Pioneer. The whole needs needs torn down or closed down immediately.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Actually, the Cadets previous BOD chose to sweep everything under the rug, then dig their heels in over and over when the stories broke... and then resign en masse.  But if you skip over that part, then it is exactly like you said.  

That is all part of the "Take their lumps. Make changes. Move on. " in the quoted post. No need to skip over anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, c mor said:

Of course, you are correct.  However, it is common usage, especially here in the south.

Broke-down, Tore-up, Wore-out.

and "bless your heart''

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

The archaic leadership at PIO is indicative of how many drum corps were run BITD ( talking leadership not issues before the DCP self-appointed police jump on that ..lol ), not all but many, It was a Mom and Pop activity for many and good things came of it BUT it also contributed to the fall for many.

Absolutely true. Many good-hearted adults with the very best of intentions ran the hundreds of corps back in the day, but in many cases they had no real idea how a business should be run. As society changed, those same people ended up way over their heads, which caused the failure of most of those hundreds of corps. They had no idea how to cope with things like insurance requirements, creating a solid financial foundation, and making sure their infrastructure was in good shape for the members. 

Again, these were marvelous people with incredible dedication. My gut tells me Roman is a holdover of just that culture, living in the  modern world.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Don’t feel guilty. If you had gone to anyone with your concerns who could change things they would have fallen upon deaf ears. Trust me, I’ve sent letters to Pioneer in the past with details on how things could be fixed, mainly about who to contact for help developing a strong board of directors. I even VOLUNTEERED my grant writing skills. Never a word back, not even a “kiss my ***”.

Well, I sent them money once and the only way I knew they received it was the cancelled check. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

But the Irish mob 

tumblr_nn9pb7URlE1sohv25o1_1280.gif

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Scary to say the least. But like you say we can't jump to conclusions. There is a lot of work to do and everything is not what it seems. Dci may want to keep the recruiting open indicating they  may be just a Parade corps or only participate in SoundSport with a limited membership, who knows time will tell.

not with that leadership. They let Roman back in after this got out. the gates of hell would open on them

47 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Absolutely true. Many good-hearted adults with the very best of intentions ran the hundreds of corps back in the day, but in many cases they had no real idea how a business should be run. .

The same assessment could be said for the vast majority of the current DCI Corps today too, however...  heck, as well as DCI HQ people themselves too, imo. MikeD.