Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

40 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Absolutely.  But the specific idea being discussed (the idea of establishing a smaller subset of corps) originated from George Hopkins.

Not as I understood it 

a current director floated it

and I actually proposed it on here a couple years prior - coining the subset world class and their tour the tor of champions, if any of that sounds familiar 

if course my proposal contained benefits for each competitive tier of corps, theirs did not 

Edited by George Dixon

So even if he does leave.......how much of the equipment and buses, etc are in RB's name? His stepping down would mean he walks away with everything meaning NO Pioneer. Does RB own the name? I would almost guess that Pioneer is done for good. Sad for the young people BUT better for them to go to an other corps. With that being said, how much better are the other corps?

BTW......Why post about a possible rumor if you don't say what it is? Also, why say anything at all until it happens?

19 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I considered adding points about banning Roman from DCI participation for life and removing him from the DCI Hall of Fame (along with GH), but I also wanted to keep it within reason.

A detail I wanted to get back to...

What should the threshold be for removal from the DCI Hall of Fame?  Felony?  Sex crime?  Misdemeanor?  Majority vote of some committee?  For crimes, do we wait for the convictions, or act on accusations only?

Maybe it would be constructive to establish standards, rather than have a separate HOF dispute for every instance of accused or confirmed wrongdoing.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not with that leadership. They let Roman back in after this got out. the gates of hell would open on them

Think Roman knows where the skeletons are buried at dci, has something on them and protecting the kids on in focus?

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Absolutely.  But the specific idea being discussed (the idea of establishing a smaller subset of corps) originated from George Hopkins.

Amps started with blue knights 

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Think Roman knows where the skeletons are buried at dci, has something on them and protecting the kids on in focus?

They all have skeletons. If Roman wants to play that game it won’t help him. It’ll harden the resolve of dci to boot him. And given his track record in the press, if he has nothing in writing who’d take him seriously??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

They all have skeletons. If Roman wants to play that game it won’t help him. It’ll harden the resolve of dci to boot him. And given his track record in the press, if he has nothing in writing who’d take him seriously??

No one, give anyone enough rope and they will hang themselves which he's done over & over does he get nine lives?

33 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

So even if he does leave.......how much of the equipment and buses, etc are in RB's name? His stepping down would mean he walks away with everything meaning NO Pioneer. Does RB own the name? I would almost guess that Pioneer is done for good. Sad for the young people BUT better for them to go to an other corps. With that being said, how much better are the other corps?

BTW......Why post about a possible rumor if you don't say what it is? Also, why say anything at all until it happens?

In all honesty...the Pioneer BRAND is probably not such a huge asset anyway IMO...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Amps started with blue knights 

...and electronics started with Boston in 1985...lol

• Like 2

The Pioneer name is toast (and it's kind of stupid to keep a name that they only took because of a long-dead sponsorship deal with a container company who hast't given them a dime in 40 years).

But more to the point, what is there to rescue? As a competing unit they are all but completely irrelevant, and most of the members could latch on to OC corps and get better experiences (if they want WC, there will definitely be needs at Madison for more kids auditioning this year).

They had a run, did some good back in their day, but don't have an infrastructure that doesn't rely on one founding director and his family. Call it, pronounce the time of death, and move forward.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 2