Drain The Swamp, Dan

7 hours ago, BozzlyB said:

Only when he had no other choice due to increasing publicity.  If he had done it during the season or even immediately after finals it would have meant something.  Now it's just like saying you're sorry after you get caught. It's the right move but he doesn't get any props for it.

In private circles...After hearing what happened in San Antonio many of us felt that Pioneer would not make it past Atlanta...Well that didn't happen...I'm not sure WHY DCI waited so long either...It was indeed a mid-tour CRISIS!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I invite you to the world or reality where you can't take actions as you describe with out proper documented evidence. I get that things need to be cleaned up but if you think that DCI can just run roughshod over the activity and kick people out based on hearsay evidence you are bonkers. They have to follow a process that includes investigating all allegations of abuse/neglect and reach a finding before they can act. If they don't they will get sued off the face of the earth. 

Like I’ve said before DCIs power is they can keep Corps out of DCI sanctioned events and... well that’s it. Yes it’s a biggie but DCI can’t force  or tell corps to do anything.

So with this article, the tide may have ebbed a bit. http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pioneer-drum-bugle-corps-ousts-longtime-director-20180824.html

However, if comments on FB, Reddit, and other social sites and discussions about DCI drum corps are to have even an ounce of truth, the riptide is as dangerous if not more.

So far this past season, major ethical problems found at

Cadets

Crossmen

Pioneer

heavy rumors propounding about:

-Oregon Crusaders

-questions about some past Cavaliers and SCV admin

-a major West Coast arranger once he takes a few too many

-another major West Coast unit where an unwritten system of points for "scoring" exists/ed

-Genesis

-Revolution

-an East coast elder caption head having cohabitated with a just aged out horn sgt. of other sex.

yada, yada, yada...

are there others real or sensitive?

The Philly journalist may have found a new niche  career; better yet if all of us and with the DCI program find best solutions and outlook for the 2019 season. The kids deserve it. And we don't need to fall into Depression.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

In private circles...After hearing what happened in San Antonio many of us felt that Pioneer would not make it past Atlanta...Well that didn't happen...I'm not sure WHY DCI waited so long either...It was indeed a mid-tour CRISIS!

Dci instituted a process with Pioneer for communication and spot checks at shows dci officials were at. But apparently stuff was not told to dci, and cane out after

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dci instituted a process with Pioneer for communication and spot checks at shows dci officials were at. But apparently stuff was not told to dci, and cane out after

And members caught hades later when they did talk. Rock and hard place of suspend Pioneer midtour or find a big enough rock to beat sense into RB.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Magic ‘99 would never have survived tour under the current scrutiny in DCI.  That tour was a serious hot mess...we pulled through and made us all individually stronger for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

shall i type slower for you?

Don't bother. The white-hot rush of believing yourself morally or ethically superior is powerful, and makes people impervious to facts that would lessen the buzz.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

No, he did not have an "ethical" duty to resign or notify the press. Especially based on rumors without real reported evidence. 

Please read again. I said if he discovered abuse or misconduct and the corps directors were unwilling to act on it, THEN he still has those options left.  He was not (as some here suggest) powerless to effect change.