Putting it all in context

41 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Lets only hope that SS or something similar is on Pioneers radar. It's sure a time for them to find out who their friends really are. The alumn can rush in be part of the SoundSport team and Parade Corps to really put things back together. Help build a base of youngsters for a near-term return. It's all in their court how they handle adversity ime will tell. I think they have some cheerleaders here.

I knew I would hear from you on this. Great but these kids are paying for this activity, working just as hard sweating just as much but it's the man or not in the already sold seat that makes a difference? It's not a festival where the top groups reap all the awards. It's an activity for the youth to pay for and get all kinds of rewards. But not to be treated unfairly because how many eyeballs our on them. How does that affect anything except that we are playing king of the mountain?

Our friends stay out in Military Park much rather listen to the corps warm-up. On Friday only came inside for the last three corps. I had fun telling their seat interlopers that the big boys are coming for their seats. They said are you sure, replied there are coming down the aisle but they usually have no idea what they're doing and may very well may turn around. Kids thought I was messing with them.

It's none of anyone's business how they spend their own money. The seat is sold to do what we want with. Think I don't know the habits of dci fans. Are they any worse than the more fair and equal BOA system where parents pay for a seat just to see their kid march? Very poor reasoning.

NM..can't do it...lol...PM maybe..

Edited by GUARDLING

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went in early Thursday, left for a while, came back in later.  Friday, came in for what I missed Thursday to the end.  Saturday, came in for the entire show.  That’s a lot of hours in that place sitting in that seat.  My back was actually a little sore on Sunday when I got home.  I just don’t sit that much. 

Yes, there is no reason to point out heads in the seats as an excuse for anything. All season long the seats are packed from beginning to end. Olathe the Colt Cadets played to a packed house and were well received. That happens for all corps on the tour. 

Then finals week comes and the show goes on from 8:00 am till 11:00 pm. In the most unfriendly stadium access environment possible. Because of that, the Cadets deserve more than the Troopers, right. Dci needs to pass more of it's Cool Aid around so I don't suffer from dehydration pleasing them with my seat presence. 

22 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes, there is no reason to point out heads in the seats as an excuse for anything. All season long the seats are packed from beginning to end. Olathe the Colt Cadets played to a packed house and were well received. That happens for all corps on the tour. 

Then finals week comes and the show goes on from 8:00 am till 11:00 pm. In the most unfriendly stadium access environment possible. Because of that, the Cadets deserve more than the Troopers, right. Dci needs to pass more of it's Cool Aid around so I don't suffer from dehydration pleasing them with my seat presence. 

NM..another time..lol

All I will say is I saw a little different

Edited by GUARDLING

Pioneer was grandfathered in to world class just like Vanderbilt was grandfathered into the Southeastern conference. Just because you are in the Southeastern conference does not mean you can compete in that conference, and that even includes getting millions and millions of dollars a year in media rights  revenues .

There’s nothing wrong with open class anymore then there is anything wrong with the mid-American conference. It may not be where you want to be, but it may be where you need to be. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Actaully no. seats are not filled beginning to end. I spend a lot of time on tour and seats fill more to the middle to end of the show. At some major shows? yeah

But hey, maybe my eyes are failing..:blink:

Your example of Troopers to Cadets is one thing BUT where is the line.. troopers, ? PIO? SURF? Spirit? Should there be a line? just askin

Not being in a seat when most of the shows are on worknights could be in play. I agree not too long ago folks would come in later. However, even before FLO on the old Fan Network we always went out of the way to judge the crowd, makes us feel good seeing fans in the seats. We are quite observant and have seen a large swing toward filled seats early in shows and maybe even that horrible YT can back that up.                                                                                            

World Class is World Class and should be treated equally. In the few shows finals week where OC corps are in play if you beat a WC corp than you get the higher pay that day.           

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Not being in a seat when most of the shows are on worknights could be in play. I agree not too long ago folks would come in later. However, even before FLO on the old Fan Network we always went out of the way to judge the crowd, makes us feel good seeing fans in the seats. We are quite observant and have seen a large swing toward filled seats early in shows and maybe even that horrible YT can back that up.                                                                                            

World Class is World Class and should be treated equally. In the few shows finals week where OC corps are in play if you beat a WC corp than you get the higher pay that day.           

SO if you lose to an OC corps shouldn't then you get a lower pay?..lol...just sayin

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

SO if you lose to an OC corps shouldn't then you get a lower pay?..lol...just sayin 

Yep, that's what I meant, it's a reward and not a budget maker or breaker just for that show. That sounds fair something for OC to strive for,  a carrot. Another point is the more successful OC corps perform 4 times and the winner 5 times finals week. Work More Make Less.  Like the beer commercial.

34 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Exactly. Being world-class is a lot more than how high can you score. It means you’re making a financial commitment and a creative commitment to perform at that level. As an organization. As a performing arts group.

Just because someone finishes in the top 15 doesn’t mean there’s more money to distribute. It means everybody makes less. I understand the concept and I think it sounds great in theory, but in practice it’s just not fair or realistic.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Yep, that's what I meant, it's a reward and not a budget maker or breaker just for that show. That sounds fair something for OC to strive for,  a carrot. Another point is the more successful OC corps perform 4 times and the winner 5 times finals week. Work More Make Less.  Like the beer commercial.

So money is a factor then and placements. So why would clearly a proverbial last place corps clearly not WC get the same.. Because they called themselves WC? I have a feeling this is going no where..lol. Thanks Bluzes..lol

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Exactly. Being world-class is a lot more than how high can you score. It means you’re making a financial commitment and a creative commitment to perform at that level. As an organization. As a performing arts group.Exactly. Being world-class is a lot more than how high can you score. It means you’re making a financial commitment and a creative commitment to perform at that level. As an organization. As a performing arts group.

Yep!

One can call themselves anything they want BUT it doesn't mean they are nor deserve credit for being something they clearly are not  The commitment on some of these corps are quite different, so comparing can be quite a stretch.