Putting it all in context

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

So money is a factor then and placements. So why would clearly a proverbial last place corps clearly not WC get the same.. Because they called themselves WC? I have a feeling this is going no where..lol. Thanks Bluzes..lol

Fair and equal playing field is the factor nothing else matters. Especially when inequalities all over the place are being uncovered, I believe it's not ok for women to make less than men and I put the same constraints on dci to act accordingly. It's continuity of thought and not OK for dci to live with these inequalities in a youth activity today, it the wrong message to send to our youth. Dci is still mansplaining themselves out of business.

I think I know why the seats are packed early now and were not before. The ever-increasing presence of bused in HS students buses pile early and folks are in their seat for the Colts Cadets and others that they totally enjoy. DCI has changed it' time for the rest of us to catch up. The old talking points are falling flat, it's a new world.

20 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Yep!

One can call themselves anything they want BUT it doesn't mean they are nor deserve credit for being something they clearly are not  The commitment on some of these corps are quite different, so comparing can be quite a stretch. 

Credit does not equal money.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Fair and equal playing field is the factor nothing else matters. Especially when inequalities all over the place are being uncovered, I believe it's not ok for women to make less than men and I put the same constraints on dci to act accordingly. It's continuity of thought and not OK for dci to live with these inequalities in a youth activity today, it the wrong message to send to our youth. Dci is still mansplaining themselves out of business.

I think I know why the seats are packed early now and were not before. The ever-increasing presence of bused in HS students buses pile early and folks are in their seat for the Colts Cadets and others that they totally enjoy. DCI has changed it' time for the rest of us to catch up. The old talking points are falling flat, it's a new world.

You have to be adequate to be on an equal playing field. I agree with equal pay etc etc in you examples BUT not just because.

You're looking for reasons now with the busses..Ask the HS students WHO they want to see. I have

You are right, it is a new world and kids today demand a lot more than we did

Edited by GUARDLING

21 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Yep!

One can call themselves anything they want BUT it doesn't mean they are nor deserve credit for being something they clearly are not  The commitment on some of these corps are quite different, so comparing can be quite a stretch. 

If you want to share in world-class revenues, then become a world-class corps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You have to be adequate to be on an equal playing field. I agree with equal pay etc etc in you examples BUT not just because.

You're looking for reasons now with the busses..Ask the HS students WHO they want to see. I have

You are right, it is a new world and kids today demand a lot more than we did

Well you have zero research to prove this. My suspicion is we had about 3000 people in Murfreesboro to cheer on Music City and everyone else was there to see BD, Crown, Bluecoats and SCV. 

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Well you have zero research to prove this. My suspicion is we had about 3000 people in Murfreesboro to cheer on Music City and everyone else was there to see BD, Crown, Bluecoats and SCV. 

I totally agree with you, not sure where I'm miscommunicating

If anything, I think it should be harder to become world-class rather than easier. Because right now you have groups and world-class that have no chance of actually competing to even make finals, let alone win a medal. There’s nothing wrong with that, but in order to develop a more equitable revenue-sharing model, you can’t have everybody in world-class.

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I totally agree with you, not sure where I'm miscommunicating

Yeah somehow the quotes got jacked.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If anything, I think it should be harder to become world-class rather than easier. Because right now you have groups and world-class that have no chance of actually competing to even make finals, let alone win a medal. There’s nothing wrong with that, but in order to develop a more equitable revenue-sharing model, you can’t have everybody in world-class.

Yeah somehow the quotes got jacked.

Agree and some of these corps past and present got into WC for some of the wrong reasons and nowhere prepared. 

And before anyone says it NO it's not just about making finals BUT it is about being a WC corps

Edited by GUARDLING

42 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Why does that matter? I went to see the Dead more than I should have. It didn't mean I should degrade the opening act by polling the audience but the replies would have been a hoot. 

Of course, it's the older kids that they came to see. Do we need to create more Pioneers to keep this all working so shows live up to a higher standard? This is a non-profit youth activity why does it matter won wins or not isn't. That seems to closely guarded in our current system. What a joke, efforts were made, so last years MMs don't affect where they go on this year. However, the entire years' payday is based on last year.   No continuity just sly of hand tactics, trying to make things fair, till finals then no one picks out of a hat the only show that counts.                                                                                                                                                          

I get it, its ART - best when it is not true (MC's truth thru art for a loop), does not need to be tasteful or in any way fair, "struggling artist syndrome" for most others are ordained.  What an objective because of the Power of Eight, these walls must come down. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo