Putting it all in context

27 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Isn't the limited LOS access mostly about getting folks into the corps marketplace area?  

which this year was very poorly configured giving DCI far too much space. It interfered with the large crowds trying to get to and from seats and escalators. It became a safety issue at times.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you’re a disabled, you can enter through that gate.  Jim went in that gate with his disabled veteran card.

Thanks does mentally disabled count? We are clever enough to get by them at any gate. Even invited the security ladies to our party across the street. Handed them a bottled water another time we wanted in. Opposites attract people actually like my wife. However, we did turn down the super duper all access badges we were offered no fun in that.

36 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Isn't the limited LOS access mostly about getting folks into the corps marketplace area? 

Yep but most of the folks are already dressed in current corps attire, maybe that's what it takes to get us in on concert side. You may have opened a new avenue or hopefully a new access gate. 

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Well you have zero research to prove this. My suspicion is we had about 3000 people in Murfreesboro to cheer on Music City and everyone else was there to see BD, Crown, Bluecoats and SCV. 

I thought Music City's show this season was AWESOME...it was one of my top favorites of the year...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I thought Music City's show this season was AWESOME...it was one of my top favorites of the year...

Absolutely, anyone that bought a ticket and missed MC lost out on a big emotional high. It's what we come to expect from them, never disappoint.

• Like 2

Reached a milestone today I am now a DCP Fanatic, thank you DCP for putting up with me. Also won a bet with a friend that I would not get this far before striking out. Lucky for us all he doubled down on the next level. Thank you mods your just fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Reached a milestone today I am now a DCP Fanatic, thank you DCP for putting up with me. Also won a bet with a friend that I would not get this far before striking out. Lucky for us all he doubled down on the next level. Thank you mods your just fantastic.

LOL....NM

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

What is the reason for the difficult LOS entry/reentry? The ticketing system is wireless. Does the Indy Chamber Of Commerce know they are favoring business on the backside of the stadium? It's a very large building and you can only access it by using the gate furthest from your seat. Our best-kept secret The Town Tavern sits there idle and others while there is a line outside establishments on the opposite side.

It's apparent, been complaining about this for years. Dci does not want to hear it from the fans. Maybe the Chamber Of Commerce cares, they already restrict the number of reservations the hotel's around LOS book so it fair for the other Hotels, restaurant access is in the same train of thought. Just looking for sensible LOS access don't care how it comes.

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you’re a disabled, you can enter through that gate.  Jim went in that gate with his disabled veteran card. 

The East gate entrance was atrocious for the disabled this year. Gates at the top of ramps were not unlocked forcing wheel chair patients to U turn and come back down to seek another ramp after being directed to the first by Security guards at the front (marketplace side) entrance. Only the Western two corners would let folks in when one asked, but that's not where security guards and ticket takers sent them. The constant Dan Potter tape with misinformation added to the confusion. "Potter's Field" is what one disabled person called it, pun definitely intended. When DCI info was notified that gates at the top of ramps on the East side had locked gates at the top so that wheel chair patients couldn't use them, DCI's solution was not to unlock the gates so that the wheel chair patients could pass but to put barriers at the bottom of the ramp forcing the disabled to move further down the street to use only one ramp. No ADA considerations at all.

Once inside, the corridor leads to the Marketplace, but not before first finding some way for those in wheel chairs, crutches, and canes to mount 10 cement steps (no ramps) into the tee-shirt selling area which was much too congested for safe passage (poor design, poorer execution, low score.)  And for ticket-holders coming in from the East side, the disabled then would have to descend 8 steps before getting to the front sideline seats or the elevators and escalators to bring them higher. LOS must have been designed by Teutonic Arians left over from WWII in the way the place omits care of elderly, disabled, and injured. Proper signage was non-existent; "I don't know" was the usual answer from stadium staff in the blue and yellow shirts. Thank God for healthy spectators whom I saw lifting the patient and wheel chair up the ten concrete steps. I imagine someone slipping would have brought another lawsuit to DCI. The grandparents, veterans, and challenged deserve better.

If your husband got better treatment than mentioned above, he might have reminded the blue and yellow shirts of what happened to them when they hassled the Troopers a few years back.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

The East gate entrance was atrocious for the disabled this year.

This could only get better, we gave our suspiciously aquired color coded for each day dci super-duper badges to a couple at the hotel that really needed them. We like to role play and usually get our way back in for reentry on concert side. Entering at the West Gate initially is inconvenient but tolerable. On Thursday & Friday we reenter several times but from the gate furthest from our seat?