No tour for Pioneer in 2019

1 minute ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

My guess would be that it's not just finding a board that's the issue, it's fixing the other problems that would currently still affect the corps if they were to tour in 2019, including hiring an entirely new medical staff (to replace the nonexistent previous staff) and getting functional tour buses. The money for that needs to come from somewhere, and I don't know if Pio has significant extra resources at the moment.

Also (unrelatedly), if they come back in 2020 would it be as an Open Class corps?

Troopers were able to skip going back down to Open after their year off due to financial restructuring.  I think a lot will depend upon how they go about getting their ducks in a row.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

I don’t guess I understand why at this juncture a new board and director couldn’t be found in time for Pioneer to tour in 2019. 

I get the impression that DCI has long known that pioneer was not a legitimate world-class corps. I mean really they made virtually no effort to be competitive at the world-class level and there are many open class organizations that tried harder, did more, and frankly just performed better year in and year out.

Everyone knew what Romans real agenda was which was to keep going and collecting appearance money at put as little of that money onto the field as possible.

This just became a very convenient way for DCI to do what they should’ve done along time ago which was to end the charade and MoveOn.This just became a very convenient way for DCI to do what they should’ve done along time ago which was to end the charade and MoveOn.

Edited by MikeRapp

1 hour ago, Rileydog said:

I don’t guess I understand why at this juncture a new board and director couldn’t be found in time for Pioneer to tour in 2019. 

Because the current leader won’t give up the corps imo 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

I 100% agree with this!!!

i don’t understand why at all they would do this in August, so many changes can Be done before the season. 

If the cadets cAn do it eith one month they can do it now!

Pioneer needs the time to reorganize. Not only does the director and board need to be replaced, many staff members probably need to be replaced, and the trust of marching members  and in the case of minors, the trust of parents needs to be regained. That cannot happen between now and recruitment time. 

I would think that fielding a parade unit, or if DCI allows a SoundSport group, would be within the realm of possibility, but take the time away, reorganize, and return to the field. 

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m surprised he gave up the reins so easily...or did he?  

See who the new leadership is..... should be interesting if RB thinks he can still be power behind the throne

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rileydog said:

Oh there’s a lot of work to be done. Hell YEA still doesn’t have a ceo

2 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

I 100% agree with this!!!

i don’t understand why at all they would do this in August, so many changes can Be done before the season. 

If the cadets cAn do it eith one month they can do it now!

Cadets had a ready and willing alumni base. Pioneer doesn’t 

• Like 3