No tour for Pioneer in 2019

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Would they need some type of board structure to keep their bingo operation legit? 

It would depend on the Wisconsin Bingo laws as to what would be required for them to legally maintain their operation. That being said, I do know one very, very knowledgeable person here on Bingo has said on DCP very strongly that the Bingo crowd is thinning and passing away, and there's not much time left before anyone can make a cent off or it anyway. I'd believe different avenues for funding will have to be taken regardless. I'd be finding someone qualified to take care of that and plan the transition ASAP if I were on the new BoD or Director.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m surprised he gave up the reins so easily...or did he?  

i dont think he was given a choice if the corps was to survive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. 

i got a call from an alumni tonight who said the alumni base is active and working to get involved. We shall see.

39 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i got a call from an alumni tonight who said the alumni base is active and working to get involved. We shall see.

Pioneer certainly doesn’t push out the number of alumni that Cadets have done for years, but I know many people who marched Pioneer and appreciated their time there, regardless of Roman. I don’t think it’s out of the question that the alum could come together the way Cadets alum did.

Here is a comment from a parent on Pioneer’s Facebook page.

Here was our life back in July that ended my son’s tour. The medical staff’s theory to the staph infection leading to multiple points of infection was the lack of medical treatment he received weeks prior when he had a lip infection. The infection was likely released into his blood stream and scattered throughout his lungs. He was denied medical treatment for his lip for 3 days until he started having chest pain. The medical team believes that it was at that point that the lung infection started. The day he was hospitalized staff told him to call me to get a steroid prescription that he had received when I brought him home to have him seen for the lip infection by our own dr. My son, in tears, told me that his chest pain was worse and had spread but staff just wanted him to get more meds. I threatened to drive to Milwaukee and take him myself if they didn’t. They did and at that point he was hospitalized with unknown respiratory infection. If you read the comments with my updates you will see that even though he was hospitalized under high isolation the staff allowed another member use the tuba he was playing and had no concerns over it until I pointed out the problems with it! This is all in called for. My son’s story is only one of many that occurred this summer, but we are grateful to know that not everyone had issues. However, it would be great for those that didn’t have issues to recognize that the ones that did are not exaggerating or lying. I could have lost my son this summer due to this medical neglect on the part of staff and administration! https://www.gofundme.com/rally-for-wade-freeland is f

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

3 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Here was our life back in July that ended my son’s tour. The medical staff’s theory to the staph infection leading to multiple points of infection was the lack of medical treatment he received weeks prior when he had a lip infection. The infection was likely released into his blood stream and scattered throughout his lungs. He was denied medical treatment for his lip for 3 days until he started having chest pain. The medical team believes that it was at that point that the lung infection started. The day he was hospitalized staff told him to call me to get a steroid prescription that he had received when I brought him home to have him seen for the lip infection by our own dr. My son, in tears, told me that his chest pain was worse and had spread but staff just wanted him to get more meds. I threatened to drive to Milwaukee and take him myself if they didn’t. They did and at that point he was hospitalized with unknown respiratory infection. If you read the comments with my updates you will see that even though he was hospitalized under high isolation the staff allowed another member use the tuba he was playing and had no concerns over it until I pointed out the problems with it! This is all in called for. My son’s story is only one of many that occurred this summer, but we are grateful to know that not everyone had issues. However, it would be great for those that didn’t have issues to recognize that the ones that did are not exaggerating or lying. I could have lost my son this summer due to this medical neglect on the part of staff and administration! https://www.gofundme.com/rally-for-wade-freeland is f

Holy #### we had a family member go thru staph infection and it took months of antibiotics to recover from it. Talking about daily treatments with the person having a medical port insterted in their arm and tubes hanging out. Whoever ignore this should go thru this #### AFTER a lawsuit.

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Lawsuit pending IMO...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Shocking when you put names and faces on things. How we use the term MM but not when someone is a hospital bed, glad he recovered.