No tour for Pioneer in 2019

11 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I am happy progress is being made.  I seem to remember a corps that had sexual predator (that walked on water for some) for decades that hasn't gotten this level of piling on.  How many threads now going on the same subject?  I would add that simply "renaming" something generally isn't as easy as some would think it is.  Let's see what the new blood in place can do.

its a lot easier than shutting down and starting for square one. And with no shows in 2019, they have time to work on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

8) Philly reporter now goes back to a DCI HQ ousted Blenski, and together Roman gives her additional insights on the inner workings of DCI and DCI HQ., and perhaps possible additional skeletons in the closet within DCI, so to speak.

i am sure after his last interview, anything he says would be taken with 3 or 4 grains of salt if he doesnt have anything in writing

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

See who the new leadership is..... should be interesting if RB thinks he can still be power behind the throne

Ahhh...the perfect scenario for "The Wizard of Oz" to be their comeback show. :sarcasm:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am sure after his last interview, anything he says would be taken with 3 or 4 grains of salt if he doesnt have anything in writing

Tricia ( and other reporters ) more than likely takes what DCI HQ tells her with a " grain of salt" though too ". She'll eventually find the truth, get confirmations on whats been told to her from others as well. She won't rely on any one person to continue her investigative reporting. Reporters even talk to felons behind bars for info, knowing full well they have to be careful in not being duped by people with checkered pasts like that.. But even people behind bars have been known to properly fill in the blanks, provide useful and helpful info both large and small during investigations and so forth. And Blenski hasn't been charged with anything, let alone found by a reporter in the slammer for felony guilty crimes committed.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Trish probably takes what DCI HQ tells her with a " grain of salt too ". She'll eventually find the truth, get confimations from others. She won't relie on any one person to contunue her reporting. Reporters even talk to people behind bars for info, knowing full well they have to be careful in not being duped by people with checkered pasts.

oh no doubt. But she's not going to publish just on what one person said. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Not true.  I am assuming you have never started something "from scratch".  Just having equipment is so huge I can't even begin to explain it.

Broken Horns, Broken Down Buses is not Equipment they are part of the problem, please explain

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 12:44 AM, Brian Tuma said:

Here is a comment from a parent on Pioneer’s Facebook page.

Here was our life back in July that ended my son’s tour. The medical staff’s theory to the staph infection leading to multiple points of infection was the lack of medical treatment he received weeks prior when he had a lip infection. The infection was likely released into his blood stream and scattered throughout his lungs. He was denied medical treatment for his lip for 3 days until he started having chest pain. The medical team believes that it was at that point that the lung infection started. The day he was hospitalized staff told him to call me to get a steroid prescription that he had received when I brought him home to have him seen for the lip infection by our own dr. My son, in tears, told me that his chest pain was worse and had spread but staff just wanted him to get more meds. I threatened to drive to Milwaukee and take him myself if they didn’t. They did and at that point he was hospitalized with unknown respiratory infection. If you read the comments with my updates you will see that even though he was hospitalized under high isolation the staff allowed another member use the tuba he was playing and had no concerns over it until I pointed out the problems with it! This is all in called for. My son’s story is only one of many that occurred this summer, but we are grateful to know that not everyone had issues. However, it would be great for those that didn’t have issues to recognize that the ones that did are not exaggerating or lying. I could have lost my son this summer due to this medical neglect on the part of staff and administration! https://www.gofundme.com/rally-for-wade-freeland is f

J. H. C. Thats toeing the line of being criminal. New board, new staff, re-brand...if they have anything left after they are sued for every last penny they have. 

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh no doubt. But she's not going to publish just on what one person said. 

No doubt.. Editors get very angry when any of their reporters comes to them and attempts to try and run a story on one person's account or " tip ".. But the biggest stories started with just one person cooperating too . Then the reporter has to find other sources that'll corroborate what they were told. DCI HQ operates the same. They probably get all sorts of complaints on some varying degrees of potential wrong doing within DCI that come across their desk. They have to do their due diligence to find substantive, credible evidence that wrong doing occured before acting.. Reporters likewise have to have corroborating, confirmation from multiple sources to publish what they heard initially from a single source that might've tipped them off on something or other. Eventually, the Truth generally wins out however. Thats the big picture here,... the ultimate and eventual public " good " in it all in the end imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mello Dude said:

Not true.  I am assuming you have never started something "from scratch".  Just having equipment is so huge I can't even begin to explain it.

No I have not started a drum corps from scratch, most of us on DCP have not, but yes I have started things from scratch. I do work in the non profit world and I am knowledgeable about how things work in the non profit world, so I’m not just giving arm chair advice, and recently as yesterday I would have said “Save Pioneer.”

You are correct about equipment, but you have to consider other huge factors. One is fundraising and development. Local businesses and private donors are not likely to step up to the plate to rescue Pioneer. A Google search of Pioneer could lead to “The Philadelphia Enquirer,” DCP, or a GoFundMe page for an ailing high school student. Not a great start. The second is trust. It is easier to earn trust with a new organization that regain trust from one that lost trust. A third is reputation. Rescuing a tarnished reputation is at best difficult. 

I know we can point to Cadets as a success, and it is, but Cadets is not how these things usually work out and Cadets had a stronger structure in place. 

If those involved want to rescue the corps, I have no objections and wish them well, and if it does not work, I won’t point a finger at them, and if it succeeds, since drum corps should be about the kids, I’ll be glad to admit I’m wrong, something I’m less likely to do with predictions. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

J. H. C. Thats toeing the line of being criminal. New board, new staff, re-brand...if they have anything left after they are sued for every last penny they have. 

Exactly, going bankrupt would be a prudent move at this point, especially if corps don't carry any liability insurance (don't know). It is past time for them to get some legal advice. What happens to their bingo would be a clue is it still active? Can they repurpose the property? Can it be leased to other corps that may want to run a recruitment camp in Milwaukee? Is it a space that could be leased to other types of bands, can a rock band hole up there to practice?

Roman is 77 does he still need the corps as income? They may have prepared retirement, son has an IT job, Pioneer is just a name of a corps, many other corps went under.

I am not one to kick a dog when it's down.