No tour for Pioneer in 2019

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Hope the donations are on record along with where the money is at.... or where it went.

Yeah twice donated thru the corps to members dues. Twice no response even though policy was to send back paperwork.

you must have had the sponsoree I had this summer. Further kick in the butt is when I found out the person was saving money to go on European vacation once season ended. Not ethical.

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

you must have had the sponsoree I had this summer. Further kick in the butt is when I found out the person was saving money to go on European vacation once season ended. Not ethical.

Nope few years back I used Sponsor Our Pioneer Youth (SOPY) twice to sponsor. Website said I would get a response "from the corps". After 2nd time of nothing I emailed to make sure they got the check. RB emailed back pointing the finger at the person I sponsored along with that persons personal mail address if i wanted to discuss more. My take was don't bug us anymore and we don't  give a bleep about personal security. 

6 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Sad.  I actually am in the telecom business for over 23 years.

Thought so, we can be hard to get along with. I am not schooling you but from my experience. There are keys is to keeping your skills current, long gone are the days of having a job for life. No reason for not knowing anything today, hear a new term/technology, look it up know whats next.

When MPEG came out none of us knew about it. GTE was looking for someone who did. Listed a bullet point on the resume: Familiar with MPEG 2. Picked out of 150 resumes. Months later when it came to knowing what I was doing. doing, I said: I was familiar with it, never said I actually worked with it!!! Not what they had seen on the resume. Had no college just a street kid drum corp education and being from North Jersey was a bonus.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Let’s not throw out the legacy value of Pioneer due to bad actors and poor decisions 

if they create a new independent board Pioneer could have a wonderful second act

As cynical as I find myself to be at this time...I do truly hope that your words somehow find a way to come to fruition.

This is a tremendous activity.  One which, unfortunately, I never had the chance to experience in the applicable days of my youth.  If they can somehow find that "wonderful second act," and do so within the parameters of proper guidance, care, and educational/personal values, then it WILL be to the benefit of 125-150 more of our youth.  That is all for which any of us can hope.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

its a lot easier than shutting down and starting for square one. And with no shows in 2019, they have time to work on it

Yes, the piling on continues, it has become entertainment for some.

Has the Pioneer issue been addressed. Yes it has ! Are there excuses for all of the bad decisions, ill treatment of some members,faulty equipment and mis managment ? No ! Of course not. A situation had to be addressed

This man started this corps in 1961 before most of you were born. To say that the pioneer did not do beneficial things for members and provide a decent atmosphere over the years would be a lie. They did. ...he should be credited for this... He undoubtedly is paying a price for things heading south in the past couple of years

To those taking the shots at him, you might be aware that at your age you still have time for foreclosures after your divorce. Or possibly a dui, or all of the other behavioral pitfalls that result in life just not being what you want it to be

Yes mistakes were made, however he is not a criminal and should not be treated as such

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluehull said:

Yes, the piling on continues, it has become entertainment for some.

Has the Pioneer issue been addressed. Yes it has ! Are there excuses for all of the bad decisions, ill treatment of some members,faulty equipment and mis managment ? No ! Of course not. A situation had to be addressed

This man started this corps in 1961 before most of you were born. To say that the pioneer did not do beneficial things for members and provide a decent atmosphere over the years would be a lie. They did. ...he should be credited for this... He undoubtedly is paying a price for things heading south in the past couple of years

To those taking the shots at him, you might be aware that at your age you still have time for foreclosures after your divorce. Or possibly a dui, or all of the other behavioral pitfalls that result in life just not being what you want it to be

Yes mistakes were made, however he is not a criminal and should not be treated as such

Deja vu all over again except it's Pioneer and not Penn State.

But last sentence brings up an interesting point. Does WI mandate that people responsible for a youth activity have to report when they see or hear something wrong with predatory behavior. Like having one working asking the youths.

31 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Then that is something to get at some point if they are solvent.

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hope the donations are on record along with where the money is at.... or where it went.

Yeah twice donated thru the corps to members dues. Twice no response even though policy was to send back paperwork.

I believe in 2017 they used GoFundMe to raise $30,000 for the truck. I believe they got about $5,000 and there were comments as to why Legends got such a large amount of people to give for a very vague reason with a dramatic push and no one stepped up to help Pioneer. You need to be very careful if you raise money for one reason and use it for something else. You can be prosecuted and it’s probably the easiest way to lose your tax exempt status. 

What I am finding many organizations doing is coming up with a campaign to raise funds, do not earmark it for a specific cause, make the purchase, and in the thank you say this is how we used your money. In general, it works well though you may have some who complain if they are not happy, as some corps I believe have learned. Also, before this thread gets too sidetracked, this probably varies from state to state, but you do have a window of I think three years to make the purchase from funds raised unless you say we are buying it at a specific time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I believe in 2017 they used GoFundMe to raise $30,000 for the truck. I believe they got about $5,000 and there were comments as to why Legends got such a large amount of people to give for a very vague reason with a dramatic push and no one stepped up to help Pioneer. You need to be very careful if you raise money for one reason and use it for something else. You can be prosecuted and it’s probably the easiest way to lose your tax exempt status. 

What I am finding many organizations doing is coming up with a campaign to raise funds, do not earmark it for a specific cause, make the purchase, and in the thank you say this is how we used your money. In general, it works well though you may have some who complain if they are not happy, as some corps I believe have learned. Also, before this thread gets too sidetracked, this probably varies from state to state, but you do have a window of I think three years to make the purchase from funds raised unless you say we are buying it at a specific time.

I thought the gofundme was for Roman’s rv. There was a reddit post complaining about the rv taking precedence over the food truck. I take what I read on reddit with healthy dose of skepticism. 

30 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I thought the gofundme was for Roman’s rv. There was a reddit post complaining about the rv taking precedence over the food truck. I take what I read on reddit with healthy dose of skepticism. 

I tried to find the post about it from last year, but I couldn’t. I do remember something about the RV, but I thought they purchased the RV, the food truck broke down, and they started a fundraiser.