No tour for Pioneer in 2019

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

European vacation

Great Movie. Wonder where the breakdown occurred? When a kind thank you never arrives. I don't need to know how payment was sent, none of my business. If the payment went directly to the corps they may have forgotten to pass the info on, Angels & Demons it wasn't the Cadets?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Great Movie. Wonder where the breakdown occurred? When a kind thank you never arrives. I don't need to know how payment was sent, none of my business. If the payment went directly to the corps they may have forgotten to pass the info on, Angels & Demons it wasn't the Cadets?

it wasn't the corps fault by any means.

Just now, xandandl said:

it wasn't the corps fault by any means.

There I go again wondering to places I don't belong. Just wondering, been surprised about things I been certain of before.

19 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I tried to find the post about it from last year, but I couldn’t. I do remember something about the RV, but I thought they purchased the RV, the food truck broke down, and they started a fundraiser.

I don’t know the details. It almost seems insignificant at this point. Lol

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

No doubt.. Editors get very angry when any of their reporters comes to them and attempts to try and run a story on one person's account or " tip ".. But the biggest stories started with just one person cooperating too . Then the reporter has to find other sources that'll corroborate what they were told. DCI HQ operates the same. They probably get all sorts of complaints on some varying degrees of potential wrong doing within DCI that come across their desk. They have to do their due diligence to find substantive, credible evidence that wrong doing occured before acting.. Reporters likewise have to have corroborating, confirmation from multiple sources to publish what they heard initially from a single source that might've tipped them off on something or other. Eventually, the Truth generally wins out however. Thats the big picture here,... the ultimate and eventual public " good " in it all in the end imo.

she'll want documents whenever possible. And given Roman is a pariah now, i'd imagine few will corroborate anything he said

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigW said:

Possible, but...

After reading the last interview given by RB to the Wisconsin newspaper, his credibility is thin, he came off as a 1st class goof at best. Even if he does tell the truth (as he sees it is my thought there), DCI can say, "Well he's just a disgruntled old coot and a screwball. We're surprised anyone's humoring him at this point and taking him seriously."

Hmmm.. I hear you, BIgW, but in this hypothethical, I'm not so sure DCI HQ would be very well served by casting Blenski as " a screwball " to any Press reporters. That would likely have the Press thinking in response to such a characterization now of Blenski like this with... " ok, you say this guy is a screwball. But he was a Corps Director in your Organization for 3 decades. You elected him to your  DCI Hall of Fame in '91, then you elected him as recently as 2012 for a two year term on your DCI Board of Directors itself. Any other similar " screwballs " in your DCI Board of Directors/ HOF we should maybe know about " ?

So no, I don't think it would be advisable for anyone at DCI HQ to attempt to caste Blenski in this fashion.. heck, even it this characterization of him may be true. DCI HQ should simply be truthful, forthcoming, open and transparent with the media if they've got nothing to hide, nor were negligent, nor complicit in any wrongdoing. But of course, if DCI HQ does have some issues in this regard ( not sayng they do, but just in the hypothethical here ) then they should perhaps consider lawyering up, claming up, not talking to the Press. The Constitution does provide for the protection against Self Incrimination. But in either case, I see no benefit to DCI HQ to attempt to now caste Blenski now as some sort of pariah, screwball, old coot,  etc or whatever.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

she'll want documents whenever possible. And given Roman is a pariah now, i'd imagine few will corroborate anything he said

I don't know what to imagine anymore on any of this criminal and/ or grossly irresponsible and negligent stuff going on within some quarters of DCI.. I never could " imagine " that GH was doing that stuff, and for decades either..... until we all found out how deep and how pervasive it really was for all those years there. 

Edited by BRASSO

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

No I have not started a drum corps from scratch, most of us on DCP have not, but yes I have started things from scratch. I do work in the non profit world and I am knowledgeable about how things work in the non profit world, so I’m not just giving arm chair advice, and recently as yesterday I would have said “Save Pioneer.”

You are correct about equipment, but you have to consider other huge factors. One is fundraising and development. Local businesses and private donors are not likely to step up to the plate to rescue Pioneer. A Google search of Pioneer could lead to “The Philadelphia Enquirer,” DCP, or a GoFundMe page for an ailing high school student. Not a great start. The second is trust. It is easier to earn trust with a new organization that regain trust from one that lost trust. A third is reputation. Rescuing a tarnished reputation is at best difficult. 

I know we can point to Cadets as a success, and it is, but Cadets is not how these things usually work out and Cadets had a stronger structure in place. 

If those involved want to rescue the corps, I have no objections and wish them well, and if it does not work, I won’t point a finger at them, and if it succeeds, since drum corps should be about the kids, I’ll be glad to admit I’m wrong, something I’m less likely to do with predictions. 

I'm not 100% sure Cadets (or more precisely YEA) are/is out of the woods yet.

25 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I'm not 100% sure Cadets (or more precisely YEA) are/is out of the woods yet.

For a fact, they are not at the moment. They are on DCI Probation still. That said, we all remain optimistic that under the terms of the Probation imposed by DCI HQ,  their Probation will be lifted by DCI in a few weeks ( Sept, under the timetable terms for the Cadets to demonstrate compliance on background checks, DCI HQ reporting of alleged incidents, financials in order, etc )

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

For a fact, they are not at the moment

Looking in from the outside hope this is just a formality.