No tour for Pioneer in 2019

Three Cheers for dci!!! I am glad I was proven wrong there is a drum corps GOD!

• Like 1

I don’t guess I understand why at this juncture a new board and director couldn’t be found in time for Pioneer to tour in 2019. 

• Thanks 1

I would suspect that DCI has learned during its investigation, which started this summer, that Pioneer Has some limitations or issues with resources that would not allow it to operate a complete season in a manner that is being required. Regardless of who is on the board. 

4 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

I don’t guess I understand why at this juncture a new board and director couldn’t be found in time for Pioneer to tour in 2019.

Would they need some type of board structure to keep their bingo operation legit? 

5 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

I 100% agree with this!!!

i don’t understand why at all they would do this in August, so many changes can Be done before the season. 

If the cadets cAn do it eith one month they can do it now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mingusmonk said:

I would suspect that DCI has learned during its investigation, which started this summer, that Pioneer Has some limitations or issues with resources that would not allow it to operate a complete season in a manner that is being required. Regardless of who is on the board. 

One way to look at it if you will...

13 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

My guess would be that it's not just finding a board that's the issue, it's fixing the other problems that would currently still affect the corps if they were to tour in 2019, including hiring an entirely new medical staff (to replace the nonexistent previous staff) and getting functional tour buses. The money for that needs to come from somewhere, and I don't know if Pio has significant extra resources at the moment.

Also (unrelatedly), if they come back in 2020 would it be as an Open Class corps?

9 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

This would be my first guess.  Between the buses, cost of administrative personnel, and medical staff, they likely would need to have more revenue generated than what they showed the last few years.