Testimonial Dinner for Dave Shaw (OnceUponATime)

The Cadets will be hosting a beefstake testimonial dinner Oct. 13th in honor of Dave Shaw, known on DCP as OnceUponATime.

Beside his postings here and his legendary allegiance to The Cadets (including being at shows and Championships this summer only moments after being released from hospital treatments,) Dave has been a frequent author for a number of the drum corps activity publications over the generations. For a time he was also an instructor with The Casper Troopers under Jim Jones. He knows drum corps past and present from the inside out, all the doings of DCI from its origins on, and of course was pivotal in maintaining the honor of The Cadets in its various periods (Holy Name, Garfield, Bergen County, Allentown.)  He's well worthy of the acknowledgements and I am sure he is glad to be the vehicle of helping the fundraising for the future of the corps under the resurrected administration and membership. At least his smiles, attitude, and energetic words at Indy seemed that way.  Won't you join us in honoring him?  And if you can't make it, the program book will print your message or ad.

https://yea.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/event/info&reset=1&id=248

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeD said:

More important, it is my birthday!  

we have to omit the usual birthday slaps on the arm, pat on the back, even mentioning your age this year. All these new sensitive protocols, you know. We don't want to be accused of elder abuse.:spitting:

Being born on the 13th. Some luck there when the calendars turn to Fridays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cadets web announcing that over 100 folks have already paid for tickets to the Dave Shaw dinner. Don't be left out.

Sorry I will be unable to be there; haven't yet maxed how to be in two places at the same time. You can have my dessert.