Sign in to follow this  
DCP NewsFeed

In The News – Pioneer Drum And Bugle Corps Ousts Longtime Director

Recommended Posts

Amid criticism over his decision to employ a sex offender and his handling of members’ safety and health concerns, the director of Milwaukee’s Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps was ousted Friday from the group he helped found nearly six decades ago. Roman Blenski, 77, is the latest drum corps leader to face scrutiny in a […]

View the full article

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Will feel better when I hear who ousted RB. If the family is still running things this is a PR  move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCI's statement: Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps. DCI will hold a follow-up meeting with corps leadership next week to discuss further terms of the organization’s suspension.

Who is Pioneer leadership? The current BOD -- the news article says four of the six members are Blenski family members -- is being replaced, and director Roman Blenski is also out. But neither the news article nor DCI statement identifies the corps' leadership that is making these changes. I thought the BOD & the director were the leadership, but apparently not. Confusing.

Edited by WarriorHal
grammer
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they come out with a new image and a completely different way of doing things; they will still be a cellar corps. It's going to take quite a bit for people to trust and take that organization seriously. I still believe that corps is too far gone to salvage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Unless they come out with a new image and a completely different way of doing things; they will still be a cellar corps. It's going to take quite a bit for people to trust and take that organization seriously. I still believe that corps is too far gone to salvage.

Always nice to hear some optimism! Lol

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Unless they come out with a new image and a completely different way of doing things; they will still be a cellar corps. It's going to take quite a bit for people to trust and take that organization seriously. I still believe that corps is too far gone to salvage.

 

55 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Always nice to hear some optimism! Lol

Some optimism would be nice, but on the other hand, the corps recent history has not been of a corps showing signs of growth.  The incidents that have taken place this past season alone might be enough to supports 8294's last comment.  Maybe at least one year of no competition will help the corps to turn things around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

 

Some optimism would be nice, but on the other hand, the corps recent history has not been of a corps showing signs of growth.  The incidents that have taken place this past season alone might be enough to supports 8294's last comment.  Maybe at least one year of no competition will help the corps to turn things around.

well if DCI is signing off on new leadership, you can be a plan will be in place to ensure the corps is going to do the right things. Don't think for a second they weren't following up on things with the Cadets and Yea often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WarriorHal said:

DCI's statement: Pioneer leadership informed DCI that it is moving immediately to replace all current members of the Pioneer board of directors along with selecting a new director for the corps.

Who is Pioneer leadership if not the director and board of directors?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Who is Pioneer leadership if not the director and board of directors?

Hey cousin Dave and Suzie.. need you to call yourself Pioneer leadership and "remove us" (on paper). After that fuhgeddaboutit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Unless they come out with a new image and a completely different way of doing things; they will still be a cellar corps. It's going to take quite a bit for people to trust and take that organization seriously. I still believe that corps is too far gone to salvage.

Ouch.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.