Uh Uh Oh Oh Cadets

7 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Can someone pls advise what this means?  I went to the twitt (individual twitter message - is that what it is called??) but I don't speak twitter so IDK what she is saying

Story refers to an instructor of Cadets2 whose name was included on a Catholic clergy list of offenders.

Important to note, YEA said a prior background check WAS undertaken. It revealed nothing that would indicate this potential. These are not easy situations to guard against!

Edited by Fred Windish

Since her timeline is dynamic and will change, and not everyone is twitter savvy,  here is the relevant YEA/PA AG news, read from the top down.

QjaAj9W.png

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Sounds like YEA! handled as well as can be expected, given that it was sealed testimony of the AG before a couple weeks ago (and before then sealed in Church archives)

I agree. Handled swiftly and no incidents reported.  

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Story refers to an instructor of Cadets2 whose name was included on a Catholic clergy list of offenders.

Important to note, YEA said a prior background check WAS undertaken. It revealed nothing that would indicate this potential. These are not easy situations to guard against!

Agreed... Cadets2 ran the check which came back clean. When they found out, the person was dismissed from working with the corps. Bravo Cadets2

Oh Hades see archdiocese of Harrisburg in a tweet... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Check Jacci Farris' tweets... 

Great Statement

20 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Sounds like YEA! handled as well as can be expected, given that it was sealed testimony of the AG before a couple weeks ago (and before then sealed in Church archives)

Hopefully, they reported this to DCI HQ immediately upon finding out. Its part of the new Policies & Procedures on serious Incident reporting enacted in May, 2018. DCI HQ thus has most likely known about this at Cadets/ Cadets2/ YEA before it came out through the Press this afternoon, and can answer the press's questions when they'll no doubt call DCI HQ Indy for a comment, if they've not already done so already by now. My guess, the media has likely already contacted DCI HQ for their comments on this. Its a developing story. Hope everyone is in compliance here. I believe lessons have been learned re. DCI HQ mandates on Notification and Compliance... but... time will only tell for certain, of course. We'll see.

Edited by BRASSO