Uh Uh Oh Oh Cadets

Aren't we a little soon into this latest scandal with the Cadets to say for sure what the guy did or did not do when employed there? They better pray that he didn't try to diddle with any Cadets kids or that could very well be the end of the organization,

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Hopefully, they reported this to DCI HQ immediately upon finding out. Its part of the new Policies & Procedures on Incident reporting enacted in May, 2018. DCI HQ thus has most likely known about this at Cadets/ Cadets2/ YEA before it came out through the Press this afternoon, and can answer the press's questions when they'll no doubt call DCI HQ Indy for a comment, if they've not already done so already by now. My guess, the media has likely already contacted DCI HQ for their comments on this. Its a developing story. Hope eveyone is in compliance here. I believe lessons have been learned... but... time will only tell for certain, of course. We'll see.

Not sure they would have had to report to DCI since this is Cadets2 and a DCA issue but certainly better safe than sorry. Also nice to see that YEA reported the story to the media (after alerting parents) as opposed to waiting for the media to come knocking on the door. A lesson others may learn from one would hope. Well done YEA!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Aren't we a little soon into this latest scandal with the Cadets to say for sure what the guy did or did not do when employed there? They better pray that he didn't try to diddle with any Cadets kids or that could very well be the end of the organization,

If GH didn't kill YEA! I highly doubt this will. Looks like they handled it the right way. But hyperbole is the order of the day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not sure they would have had to report to DCI since this is Cadets2 and a DCA issue but certainly better safe than sorry. Also nice to see that YEA reported the story to the media (after alerting parents) as opposed to waiting for the media to come knocking on the door. A lesson others may learn from one would hope. Well done YEA!

They absolutely handled this well and if they didn’t, I’d be the first one with my hair on fire about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

If GH didn't kill YEA! I highly doubt this will. Looks like they handled it the right way. But hyperbole is the order of the day.

Yes, looks like the handled it the right way. Good on them. That doesn't mean that questions shouldn't continue to be asked about this. How long did he work there? What was his position? Were all students he was in contact with told and have any come forward with anything? I know everyone wants quick resolutions to these things but that isn't how this needs to work and I think you all know that.

10 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not sure they would have had to report to DCI since this is Cadets2 and a DCA issue but certainly better safe than sorry. 

Fair point.. although the lines get a bit blurred as at the moment as Doug Rutherford currently wears 2 hats. One with Cadets and one with Cadets 2. As such, maybe he reported this to the 2 Organizations, ie DCA and DCI. But this is a newly developing story, with most likely lots more info to come out, imo.  Right now, at this moment,  there is no indication that the Cadets failed to do things properly here.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Fair point.. although the lines get a bit blurred as at the moment as Doug Rutherford currently wears 2 hats. One with Cadets and one with Cadets 2. As such, maybe he reported this to the 2 Organizations, ie DCA and DCI. But this is a newly developing story, with most likely lots more info to come out, imo.  Right now, there is no indication that the Cadets failed to do anything properly here.

Doug Rutherford said there were no performance issues with him.  I assume that covers any inappropriate behavior. 

I’m guessing that considering everything that The Cadets and Cadets2 have experienced since April, their radars would be way up for inappropriate behavior from staff.  As are most of the members of drum corps. 

• Like 2

A criminal background check on a priest might not reveal much. Searches of his social media accounts would tell another story. Google search histories, email, FB,  Twitter whatever. People paint their own digital footprint when Jubals not around. In this case, he may have backed off himself not wanting to be outted, not cooperating in the vetting process.                                  

Put the pressure on the individual during the vetting process bad actors will eliminate themselves. 

It's the vetting process that weeds out bad actors. Your digital footprint defines your character, today like it or not.