Fan Favorites for 2018 survey results ( Flo )

FloMarching did a fan survey during Finals Week for 2018 and this was their survey results.

A) Best Overall Show Design:... ................ 1) Santa Clara Vanguard .... 2 ) Bluecoats..... 3) Boston Crusaders

B) Best Drill For 2018 :.................................1) Santa Clara Vanguard ... 2) Boston Crusaders  3 )  Blue Devils

C) Best Music for 2018.................................1) Santa Clara Vanguard... 2) Bluecoats....... 3) Boston/ Crown ( tied )

D) Best Color Guard for 2018.........................1) Boston Crusaders.......... 2) Blue Devils.......3) SCV/ Cavaliers ( tied )

E ) Best Flag Designs for 2018.......................1) Boston Crusaders..........2) Cavaliers...........3) SCV/ Blue Devils ( tied )

F) Best Props for 2018.....................................1) Santa Clara Vanguard....2)  Bluecoats.........3) Blue Devils

G) Best Uniforms for 2018...............................1) Santa Clara Vanguard.....2) Cadets...............3) Bluecoats

H ) Most Improved Corps for 2018..................1) Mandarins......................2) Spirit of Atlanta....3) Boston Crusaders

I ) Most Disappointing Corps for 2018.............1) Madison Scouts............2) Carolina Crown......3) Phantom Regiment

https://generalffect.com/2018/08/27/drum-corps-internationals-best-of-2018/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm - I don't think this was produced by FloMarching.  The originator just calls themselves General F. Fect and starts off with " During the week of Finals, I posted a survey asking drum corps fans to submit their nominees in various categories. The results of that not so scientific survey are finally tabulated below with some of my own picks."  Nothing about it coming from FloMarching.  That said, it is interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Hmmm - I don't think this was produced by FloMarching.  The originator just calls themselves General F. Fect and starts off with " During the week of Finals, I posted a survey asking drum corps fans to submit their nominees in various categories. The results of that not so scientific survey are finally tabulated below with some of my own picks."  Nothing about it coming from FloMarching.  That said, it is interesting.

Yes.. it appears now it was NOT by FloMarching. My mistake.. Saw it initially on another site, thought it was from FloMarching, but it appears not to be. Oh well,  I'll get down and do 40 pushups  ( 1 a week or something )

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

FloMarching did a fan survey during Finals Week for 2018 and this was their survey results.   

H ) Most Improved Corps for 2018..................1) Mandarins......................2) Spirit of Atlanta....3) Boston Crusaders   

https://generalffect.com/2018/08/27/drum-corps-internationals-best-of-2018/              

Thanks BRASSO.  Before checking the survey article, I was surprised to see Boston in third.  Didn't think going from 6th to 5th was a big improvement, but it was great that Boston was able to accomplish it.   I'll have to compare 17 and 18 results since there might be a corps who made a big jump, but doesn't get a lot of coverage.  OC might have a corps who made great strides.

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Didn't think going from 6th to 5th was a big improvement

It was a VERY BIG improvement.  I saw them several times LIVE both seasons. 2018 was a step up in sophistication, design, and performance IMO. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

It was a VERY BIG improvement.  I saw them several times LIVE both seasons. 2018 was a step up in sophistication, design, and performance IMO. 

I thought so too, Liahona... also saw them live, and at lots of practices to be able to see/ hear the improvements/ demand/ performance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree. Once you get in the top six, you have to claw your way up. The higher you get, the harder it gets. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I agree. Once you get in the top six, you have to claw your way up.

Absolutely. Santa Clara Vanguard, for example,  knows this all so very well too. SCV medaled in 2004. Then they went 13 seasons ( 2005 to 2017) before finally breaking into the medals again in 2017. Were they improving along the way from 2004 to 2017 ? Sure. Some years big improvement in Show Design, Performance and Demand too. Scores/ placements only have relevancy with a very short shelf life... like 24 hours.... lol!.  Corps can no longer be as good as last year. They have to be better than previous years, just to MAINTAIN  their placements. And in the upper tiers of DCI... Top 6... you need to demonstrate great improvements in Show Design, Demand, Performer Execution to have any hopes of moving up AT ALL.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

Cavies really enjoyed moving up last year, not like this year when everyone expected Boston to jump. Cavies jump was sweet. Both are huge accomplishments.

• Like 1