Fan Favorites for 2018 survey results ( Flo )

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thanks BRASSO.  Before checking the survey article, I was surprised to see Boston in third.  Didn't think going from 6th to 5th was a big improvement, but it was great that Boston was able to accomplish it.   I'll have to compare 17 and 18 results since there might be a corps who made a big jump, but doesn't get a lot of coverage.  OC might have a corps who made great strides.

Believe me.. I was puzzled by that as well.

5 minutes ago, GeneralFFect said:

Believe me.. I was puzzled by that as well.

The way I read the person's survey in regards to the various categories was H had to do with placement improvement.  The other options covered individual aspects of a show.  If this survey was done during the end of the 2017 season, Boston would probably have finished in first as the most improved corps.

I

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The way I read the person's survey in regards to the various categories was H had to do with placement improvement.  The other options covered individual aspects of a show.  If this survey was done during the end of the 2017 season, Boston would probably have finished in first as the most improved corps.

If I had done this survey and added my thoughts... Boston would have certainly been my choice over anyone.  What they accomplished in one year is phenomenal.  I just don't know why so many had BAC in this category this year.

• Like 1

"Not so Scientific" is right.

The professional researcher in me bristles when I see a "survey" that doesn't include any description of methodology.  Who participated?  On what platform?  Over what period of time?  How many respondents?  What was the survey design?  Was it open-ended or multiple choice?

Arrgh.

I don't recall this survey being conducted.  Does anyone else?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneralFFect said:

Thank you for clarifying.  

You're welcome.... and welcome to DCP as well !

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

The professional researcher in me bristles when I see a "survey" that doesn't include any description of methodology.  Who participated?  On what platform?  Over what period of time?  How many respondents?  What was the survey design?  Was it open-ended or multiple choice?

Arrgh.

Oh com'on.. its just Drum Corps surveys. DCP has polls and surveys all the time too with little " scientific methodologies employed". Its just meant to be fun. Besides, as far as " scientific methodologies " and " platforms utilized " and its " designs "  etc and all that Jazz,  how " bristled " do you think the public becomes when all the  political polls tend to demonstrate themselves to be mostly rubbish and useless, despite their high brow and well paid credentials of the so called " professional researchers " using all those " scientific methodologies ". ? Ya, right.  So just learn to relax and enjoy what this unpaid, amateur, fun loving, Drum Corps fan did here with his previously admitted " unscientific " Drum Corps fan survey/ poll for 2018.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Arrgh.

I got an email as a FloMarching subscriber asking if I would participate in the survey. So I suspect that the survey was of subscribers who desired to participate. How many that was, I have no clue. Also, I don't know much about the survey because I was a lazy bum and didn't do it. I think I was working, or on some other pointless endeavor.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Oh relax.. its just Drum Corps surveys. DCP has polls and surveys all the time too with little " scientific methodologies employed". Its just meant to be fun.

Maybe not, maybe it's to help the judges pick out the placements and tiers for next year. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

Arrgh.

Ha!  Now you know why I said not so scientific.  Basically, I posed the questions on my website (I took it down the Friday after Finals) and allowed them to fill in the blank and I tabulated them.  I didn't post the link here (unfortunately).  It was just something quick and for fun that I put together. However, it was completely anonymous and there were not enough respondents to be able to correlate the results back to a greater population (even though I am confident they would have been).  Would I have liked to have done something more formal?  Sure.  Unfortunately, time didn't permit and that really wasn't what I was trying to do in this case.  I may do it differently next year.  Not sure yet.

Edited by GeneralFFect
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

If this survey was done during the end of the 2017 season, Boston would probably have finished in first as the most improved corps.

ALL the results of his survey would likely have been completely different had he conducted his fan survey in 2017 for the 2017 season. Every category.  But he didn't. He conducted his survey last month.. to gauge the national fans for this 2018 season alone. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1