Fan Favorites for 2018 survey results ( Flo )

40 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

In Atlanta, I actually saw a group of kids sitting in front me of do this when one of them pointed out you could vote multiple times.

In Chicago, this could be considered good early training in learning how to " vote early, and vote often ".:xmas:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GeneralFFect said:

I would have to look to be sure, but Music City garnered a lot of votes. They were mentioned quite frequently as I recall in this category.

Do you know if the Cadets fared well on best drill? I would think they should have garnered some votes in that category.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:16 PM, kkrepps said:

Do you know if the Cadets fared well on best drill? I would think they should have garnered some votes in that category.

I think I remember them getting some votes, but I would have to go back and look at just how many they got. I don't think it was a significant amount though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, Liahona said:

It was a VERY BIG improvement.  I saw them several times LIVE both seasons. 2018 was a step up in sophistication, design, and performance IMO. 

I agree. It's not about the placement. It's about the things you outlined. It still would have been a very big improvement if they had stayed in 6th, in my opinion.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:30 AM, Spatzzz said:

I think it is safe to say that while the judges had them in 5th they should have been 4th (by a good margin) and nipping at the heels of 3rd. They were just better than Crown overall and I don't care what the final scores say.

Only they weren't better than Crown. Had they been, they would have beaten Crown. While I think BAC had the better designed show overall and BAC was one of my favorites while Crown was one of my least favorites, BAC was not on the same level as Crown musically, and no where near the top 3 musically and visually. There's a reason there are so many captions and compenents to scoring, judging and program design and execution. It's not as simple as saying "should have been."

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

On 8/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

Only they weren't better than Crown. Had they been, they would have beaten Crown. While I think BAC had the better designed show overall and BAC was one of my favorites while Crown was one of my least favorites, BAC was not on the same level as Crown musically, and no where near the top 3 musically and visually.

Yes, while Boston’s overall concept/design was better, they were not going to catch Crown’s top notch brass and percussion, this year. Visually, Boston is clearly headed higher. 

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, kkrepps said:

With all due respect, SCV on top there? They really didn't have much at all. Very well constructed program, great GE, excellent performances, but they weren't in the top half of the top 12 in "drill".

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 3:11 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree. It's not about the placement. It's about the things you outlined. It still would have been a very big improvement if they had stayed in 6th, in my opinion.

There was tremendous quality in the activity this year.  Finishing at, or near, the previous year's finish was a big accomplishment.  Climbs such as Mandarins, Spirit, and Blue Stars were pretty darn impressive.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

Only they weren't better than Crown. Had they been, they would have beaten Crown. While I think BAC had the better designed show overall and BAC was one of my favorites while Crown was one of my least favorites, BAC was not on the same level as Crown musically, and no where near the top 3 musically and visually. There's a reason there are so many captions and compenents to scoring, judging and program design and execution. It's not as simple as saying "should have been."

I would have put Boston in 4th. And by a significant margin. I also would have put Cavaliers in 7th by a significant margin.

It's all just opinions. "They weren't better" is stated as a fact - it is not a fact. Even if every judge all season believes it - still not a fact

On 9/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, BDCorno said:

With all due respect, SCV on top there? They really didn't have much at all. Very well constructed program, great GE, excellent performances, but they weren't in the top half of the top 12 in "drill".

Yup. Michael Gaines effect. People giving them the benefit of the doubt because of that name 

• Thanks 1